PDA

View Full Version : DishNetwork vs. OLN

CJV
10-28-2005, 05:44 PM
I wonder how many members, et al., know that DishNetwork has dropped OLN because of hockey. Apparently, not enough subscribers to the Premium package for OLN's tastes. They wanted DN to place OLN on the Basic package and charge more to subscribers of Basic. Sounds to me like good old greed, while many subscribers lose cycling coverage for the coming season. I tried e-mailing DN, but it was bounced back to me as undeliverable.

Bud
10-28-2005, 07:27 PM
As one who upgraded their Dish service before the tour this year, I was very bummed to see that OLN was dropped. I've thought of calling to complain (guess I won't email based on your experience). We've grown to like the extra channels and kept the 180 service (or whatever it is called) but I'm not sure what we'll do now. I'd hate to do it, but maybe we'll go back to cable (which is way more expensive for comparable channel lineup) before next summer.

Dekonick
10-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Thats why I say OLNTV sucks.

They cut the cycling coverage...

wont be long before OLNTV is just buba and his bear hunts...

Fixed
10-28-2005, 08:17 PM
bro so what all they have is bull riding and hunting your better off sellin your t.v. .i.m.h.o. :beer:

Bud
10-28-2005, 08:31 PM
bro so what all they have is bull riding and hunting your better off sellin your t.v. .i.m.h.o. :beer:

I think that could be sage advice, man. I often wonder what it would be like to turf the tube. If I could just convince the rest of the house . . .