PDA

View Full Version : Lezyne Saddle Bags

Dromen
01-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Any one try any of these with the New QR(quick release) Mounting System? Can you send a short review?

jemoryl
01-04-2013, 02:39 PM
All I know is the small Lezyne bag with the velcro straps I'm currently using sucks. The straps as so long that there is hardly any velcro to mate by the time it is snugged up. This is on some fairly conventional road bike seat/post combinations. No response when I sent them an e-mail enquiry, either.

Can't wait to get rid of mine, and will not be looking at the QR model.

rnhood
01-04-2013, 03:13 PM
I looked at one in a bike shop this past November. It was small'ish and the interior construction seemed to be poorly executed. Didn't really like it and decided to get another brand.

AngryScientist
01-04-2013, 03:22 PM
i generally think lezyne has very well engineered products, however i agree with those above, the saddle bags dont appear very well thought out. i looked at a few at the local shop and decided against them quickly.

Dromen
01-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Lezyne just introduced a redesign of all the bags(well most of them). Don't bury them yet. 2 are in route from a warranty claim of the old model. I will report on the new design.

mcteague
01-04-2013, 07:27 PM
I have the small bag that uses stretchy straps with velcro. I nearly lost the bag on a ride and resorted to using an old toe strap to hold the thing on. Maybe an Arundel bag next.

Tim

LegendRider
01-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I have the small bag that uses stretchy straps with velcro. I nearly lost the bag on a ride and resorted to using an old toe strap to hold the thing on. Maybe an Arundel bag next.

Tim

If the stretchy material ultimately tears, they'll warranty it and replace it with a similar bag with better materials. Just went through this process.

christian
01-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Arundel Tubi. Arundel Dual if you ride those weird wire-on tires.

Louis
01-04-2013, 09:45 PM
I haven't actually had a chance to use them, but a while back I got two Jandd Mini Mountain Wedge bags, and was really impressed by the material, design, and manufacturing. They appear to be top notch. They also come in a variety of colors and sizes. (and they have some on sale)

I'd recommend them any day.

Jandd options here (http://www.jandd.com/search_results.asp?txtFromSearch=fromSearch&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&subcat=&iLevel=1&txtCatName=&txtsearchParamTxt=mountain+wedge)

http://www.jandd.com/ProdImages/BicycleSeatBagsFramePacks/MiniMountainWedge/mmw.jpg

Stan Lee
01-05-2013, 12:34 AM
2nd the Jandd^ I've been using them for at least 10 years with no complaint. Multiple sizes, plenty of room, simple to secure.

mcteague
01-05-2013, 06:35 AM
If the stretchy material ultimately tears, they'll warranty it and replace it with a similar bag with better materials. Just went through this process.

No, just that the stretchy material pulls at the velcro and, with bumpy roads, it starts to lose it's grip. Can't trust it without a backup strap.

Tim

pcxmbfj
01-05-2013, 09:39 AM
I've used Jannd on my mtb bikes for years and its design is solid.
In the graveyard are Specialized, Fizik, Cannondale and others that I can't recall now with quick release designs that have have different degrees of failure.
If I use a seat pack it's Jannd.

jr59
01-05-2013, 09:47 AM
I have had very good luck with these;

http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/utility-bags/tool-roll-small.html

They work and are the right size for a flat kit.