PDA

View Full Version : Asheville, NC Bike Shop

rpettet
01-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Best to visit?

eddief
01-01-2013, 08:19 AM
It was the closest to a hotel I was staying in last summer. Nothing special or fancy or out of the ordinay. Just two great guys selling and fixing bikes.

http://youngbloodbikes.com/

Lovetoclimb
01-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Chainheart is a very small cool little shop, and Andy the owner has a storied history working in the cycling industry.

Beer City Bicycles is a very cool shop for its concept, having a bar inside the shop where you can sit down and drink some of the better local Asheville beers while you talk bikes and admire their merchandise.

Liberty Bikes is massive, almost like a Trek store, but they have a very nice staff and will help you with anything from planning a ride to ordering obscure parts.

Stan Lee
01-01-2013, 08:58 AM
If you happen to head towards Statesville don't miss First Flight. It's worth a trip just for the museum.

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/

jvp
01-01-2013, 09:00 AM
hearn's is downtown and cool if you like new and old used bikes (that's all they sell), they have some nice vintage bikes hanging around also.

rnhood
01-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Liberty and Motion Makers are the two prominent shops in Asheville and, they are both very good and worth visiting. I purchased both my bikes from Motion Makers and have nothing but praise for them.

Pete Mckeon
01-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Liberty. THey are a large shop with A+ service and a good collection of clothes and accessories. Mike and Claudia Nicks have owned it a long time and are good for ROAD and MTN.

Pete

Dave B
01-01-2013, 12:41 PM
This will be lame info, but there was a great shop called Biowheels near a great little brewery just in the way into town. Both worth looking at.

There is another shop outside of what I think is called the bent creek area. Very close to some sweet trails and the most fun you can have down a pump track in the mountain on a trail called Greenslick. Good lord it is fun. Sorry for the crap help, but only have been there twice.

rpettet
01-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks all for the tips. Rainy day and visiting from upstate ny so no riding. Thought we would visit a few shops. Did a great ride from cullowee yesterday. Ride was called ring of fire, a good leg burner.

Rick

rnhood
01-01-2013, 05:38 PM
I've ridden the RoF many times and yes, its a great little route that will give the legs a nice workout. The Sylva / Franklin area has some of the best cycling routes in WNC - in my opinion.