PDA

View Full Version : My new bike

jonesy
10-27-2005, 05:13 PM
I've only recently discovered this forum and have gleaned an amzing amount off info already,I had decided on a concours custom as my budget is £2000.
This is where it gets interesting,after trawling through some of the old posts I've now changed my mind completely.I'm buying a Merckx team Sc and an mx leader instead with pretty much the same amount of money (well maybe a wee bit more) and I can't wait to go and spend that cash next month. :D

bostondrunk
10-27-2005, 05:57 PM
I've only recently discovered this forum and have gleaned an amzing amount off info already,I had decided on a concours custom as my budget is £2000.
This is where it gets interesting,after trawling through some of the old posts I've now changed my mind completely.I'm buying a Merckx team Sc and an mx leader instead with pretty much the same amount of money (well maybe a wee bit more) and I can't wait to go and spend that cash next month. :D

good choice.

gasman
10-27-2005, 07:11 PM

Shhhhh..this is a Serotta forum.
;)

Climb01742
10-28-2005, 04:26 AM
two very good picks. and two unique riding experiences. wise, very wise. what paint scheme for the mxl?

jeffg
10-28-2005, 07:06 AM
over either one, but two bikes are nice to have!

jonesy
10-28-2005, 11:56 AM
I think I'm going for Molteni but I really like the Motorola colours too.

Ozz
10-28-2005, 12:09 PM
I think I'm going for Molteni but I really like the Motorola colours too.
Good choice on the molteni color scheme...on the MXL I assume?

what about the Team SC?

Maybe you can get the Concours CX in a couple years to round out the stable?

Cheers.

jonesy
10-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah Molteni on the MXL and standard colours on the Team Sc.I know opinion is divided on that colour scheme but I think it's pretty nifty.
For sure I'd like a Serotta of some description in the future but I'll have to let the good lady get over me buying two bikes instead of one first.I've still not broken that to her yet.I think she'll be "pleasantly" surprised.

Fixed
10-28-2005, 12:38 PM
This is where it gets interesting,after trawling through some of the old posts I've now changed my mind completely.I'm buying a Merckx team Sc and an mx leader instead with pretty much the same amount of money (well maybe a wee bit more) and I can't wait to go and spend that cash next month. :Dbro don't tell uncle ben that, I'm sorry you are not gettin a serotta but the mxl is one of my fav. too cheers :beer:

93legendti
10-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Here's mine:

http://www.serotta.com/pages/fierte_steel.html