PDA

View Full Version : TdF Teams announced and....

Bruce K
02-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Tyler and Cippo are both in !!

Velonews has listed the announced teams selected for this year's TdF.

Should be quite the run given the teams and talent.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
02-27-2004, 11:48 AM
I can think of no other two riders who were in doubt that I would rather see in the TdF than Tyler and Cipo.

Now begins the speculation of what secret deal Cipo and LeBlanc may have made, etc. etc.

And I hope Cipo makes it all the way to Paris--even as lantern rouge--so that he can prove that he CAN. He has little else left to prove.

BBDave

shinomaster
02-27-2004, 12:31 PM
I hope mario gets some funky shorts and wins big!

oracle
02-27-2004, 01:29 PM
you mean something more hideous than his current domina vacanze kit (which is slightly less hideous than his old aqua e sapone kit) that will perhaps get him fined by le blanc?

BumbleBeeDave
02-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Be sure and let me know if you are coming to Owners Weekend so I can wear my A&S kit . . . . OR my D&V kit! :p

And Shino . . . don't you mean his "wildly colorful" shorts? Uhm "funky" shorts? . . . EEEEEWWWW! :eek:

BBDave

Bruce K
02-27-2004, 01:52 PM
BBDave;

At least you aren't going to wear your Sellsworth Cylce kit, or as it is affectionately known: your S&M kit.

:eek:

BTW, what ever happened to .....

Never mind, I wouldn't want to be "Sterned" by Alyson.

:D

BK

BumbleBeeDave
02-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Bruce, I don't have that Sellsworth kit . . . YET.

BBDave :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oracle
02-27-2004, 02:12 PM
please forgive the slight upon your kit of choice; i was not aware that you were a fan of the stripes.

oracle

Roy E. Munson
02-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Rumor amongst the pro's is that Lance is more than a bit worried about Jan and his powerhouse team for this year's Tour. Only thing that could throw a wrench in is if all the individuals in T-Mobile can't work cohesively as a unit.

oracle
02-27-2004, 04:01 PM
that is the cover rumor, at least. however, those who are in a position to know report that lance's test numbers are as good as they've ever been.

oracle

Roy E. Munson
02-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Well what are they going to say, that his numbers are terrible or not up to scratch?
As well, he's never faced a team even close to as strong (on paper) as T-Mobile. We saw what happened last year when Jan rode essentially solo and did quite well. Take out the ridiculous team TT and that tour would have been a different story.

The rumour is not from a little web post by some 12 year old, it's from a pro rider. And he's not a Postie or a CTS employee.

oracle
02-27-2004, 04:21 PM
it is not exactly a big secret that lance is concerned about ullrich and the telekom boys. nor is it that telekom have a pretty good team assembled this year. this subject has been the subject of a great many articles and interviews over the last few months, not really a rumour, but an ongiong dialouge.

oracle

Roy E. Munson
02-27-2004, 04:57 PM
oracle,

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. This is NOT from an article or from heresay in the coffee shop, this is from the mouth of a pro that would be in contact with many of the European pro's. Not "he said, she said" - this was told to me directly by this person.

oracle
02-27-2004, 05:02 PM
you must be right that i do not fully understand what you are attempting to communicate. perhaps you would be so kind as to explain further, or post a link to your original source, for as it stands, as i see it, lance himself has said that he is concerned about ullrich, and that telekom have a potentially excellent team lined up for the tour, so i am unclear why there need to be rumours to support that which lance has already said himself.

oracle

Roy E. Munson
02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
Maybe you better stick to "haiku's" and movies, subjects on which you alledgedly have a clue. When e-Ritchie made a point which you didn't agree with, you used the "I don't comprehend" routine. Now you recycle it.

When Lance publicly says he's worried, I suspect it's more for effect with his competition and the general cycling commmunity. When he's telling his insiders and the like he's worried, I suspect that's a btter indicator that he actually is worried. My sources? Sorry - the beauty of an internet forum, take everything with a grain of salt.

oracle
02-27-2004, 05:29 PM
mr. munson:

it seems that you first brought to my attention that i did not understand what it was that you were saying. i merely agreed with you. no need to get your feathers ruffled.

oracle:beer:

Roy E. Munson
02-27-2004, 05:36 PM
No worries - cheers!