PDA

View Full Version : So What Would Serotta James Do??

Sandy
10-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Consider the following scenario-

Serotta James is in the Serotta Van, almost completely full with beautiful MeiVici bikes, looking for Serotta Steve (not so beautiful), who was last seen somewhere on the backroads of our wonderful USA, enjoying his astonishing superlative MeiVici.

After many hours of looking, Serotta James finds Serotta Steve, on the side of the road, in a thorny cactus tree, holding his precious MeiVici. Serotta James quickly asks what happened, to which Serotta Steve simply responds that "some highly agitated, irrational, seemingly jealous, CSi riding fool, ran him off the road.

James looks at Serotta Steve who appears to have a dozen or so minor broken bones, road rash and cactus needles all over his body.

James then looks at the Meivici and sees a scuff on the top tube. It is indeed quite small, but still a slight blemish.

There is room in the van for one more bike, but not quite enough room for Serotta Steve.

What does Serotta James do?

Sandy

JasonF
10-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Easy...

Gently place the lightly-blemished Meivici on the passenger seat, wrapped in swaddling cloths. Bungee-strap Steve to the roof and continue on.

Sandy
10-27-2005, 11:42 AM
Custom bungee cord or stock?

Sandy

JohnS
10-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Ban shino for his continuous stream of tasteless questions.

manet
10-27-2005, 02:12 PM
lox 'em all up

Sandy
10-27-2005, 02:23 PM
I started the thread.

Sandy

Sandy
10-27-2005, 02:25 PM
lox 'em all up

Why? :confused:

Sandy

Serotta_James
10-27-2005, 03:13 PM
I like this. It's like the Prisoners' Dilemma, but with an expensive bike.

keno
10-27-2005, 03:35 PM
you telling me the thing speaks?

keno

marle
10-27-2005, 04:01 PM
I like this. It's like the Prisoners' Dilemma, but with an expensive bike.

Let's suppose Ben would fire someone that damaged the $7,000 bike? He doesn't know, when the bike gets back to Saratoga, who did it - James or Steve or a vandal (in the parking lot). He puts James and Steve in separate rooms for a grilling. Both James and Steve could lie and claim a vandal did it. But could they trust each other? No. James blames Steve. Steve blames James.

What is Ben to do? Fire both.

jdoiv
10-27-2005, 04:22 PM
What is Ben to do? Fire both.

Nah... he would send them up to the carbon mines to toil as slave labor for his ever growing EviCie empire.... :p

Serotta_James
10-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Being a utilitarian I would be forced to take Steve's place, thereby allowing him to continue to support his children and wife, neither of which I have.
As for the MeiVici, well, it's too new a model for me to form ethical convictions about it just yet.

Serotta_James
10-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Is this what you are describing, Sandy?

manet
10-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Is this what you are describing, Sandy?

yule gibbons like plants, but not in THAT way.

Sandy
10-27-2005, 05:52 PM
You got it! But I think he sold the Meivici.

Sandy

Kevin
10-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Easy...

Gently place the lightly-blemished Meivici on the passenger seat, wrapped in swaddling cloths. Bungee-strap Steve to the roof and continue on.

Aunt Edna from National Lampoon's Vacation?

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
10-27-2005, 08:23 PM
. . . they could both retain their jobs by claiming they came upon Sandy at Interbike, he prevailed upon them to borrow the bike to pedal down to the 7-11 for a Big Hawg Mountain Dew, and HE did it when he absentmindedly leaned the bike against the outdoor beef jerky display.

TOTALLY believeable scenario . . .

BBDave