PDA

View Full Version : 10 speed pulleys replacements question

ultraman6970
12-23-2012, 04:34 PM
OK guys clearly my 10 speed record RD needs to have the pulleys replaced, too much noise now.

I know there are those 10 speed ones that were made for the group, the thing is that i can see that the new centaur 10s are available aswell, the question is obvious now.

Those new shape 10 speed jockey wheels will work in a record 10 rd??

anybody knows? asking because there is like 20+ bucks difference between them.

oliver1850
12-23-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't know, but could pull the pulleys out of a new Veloce (same?) and try them on an older 10 speed RD.

Why not try these, or the BBBs?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tacx-Campy-Stainless-Derailleur-Pulleys-/390507468074?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aec0f152a

thirdgenbird
12-23-2012, 09:04 PM
I would be interested to know if they fit as well.

ultraman6970
12-23-2012, 10:48 PM
I saw those tacx ones since long time ago, are my 1st choice after the campy centaur ones.

Well, if the wide in the center is the same or narrower (thinking that the axle hole screw is the same in the old record and new centaur then they should work but there is no indication anywhere if the stuff has the same size or not.

For example found forte 10T pulleys at performance today but the guys did not know if the bushings were the same or if those would fit campagnolo, besides they look pretty crappy if you ask me. The 11T forte pulleys sure are for shimano but the 10T ones who knows, no info in the packaging.

dave thompson
12-23-2012, 11:05 PM
I use the stainless ball bearing Tacx pulleys on all my bikes. They work very well. They come with a tree of bushings to fit Shimano, SRAM and Campy.

If you'd like I can measure them for you. Tell me what dimensions are important to you.

oliver1850
12-24-2012, 12:29 AM
I checked the 2011 Veloce, they are the same type as Record 10, so I have nothing to measure. I can tell you that the new Centaur is the same width between the cages (8.4 mm) as 2003 and older Record 10, but don't know about the screw diameter.

The odd thing I find is that Record 10 pulleys have a wider width (8.8 mm) between the cage plates from 2004 on. They were originally 8.4 mm like the other groups, which continued to be 8.4 clear through current Veloce and Centaur. I would have thought that if they found that slightly wider was better they would have used it on all the groups.

ultraman6970
12-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Thats cool thanks.

Well... is interesting what you say because maybe thye are doing it for stiffness of the arm? Either way probably they are using the same screw diameter, but you never know. Probably i'll end up with the tacx one just to play safe :)

oldpotatoe
12-24-2012, 07:31 AM
OK guys clearly my 10 speed record RD needs to have the pulleys replaced, too much noise now.

I know there are those 10 speed ones that were made for the group, the thing is that i can see that the new centaur 10s are available aswell, the question is obvious now.

Those new shape 10 speed jockey wheels will work in a record 10 rd??

anybody knows? asking because there is like 20+ bucks difference between them.

The new shape Centaur are 11 tooth, not the 10 tooth on there now.

Same width, probably work altho I replace the 10s, 10 tooth ones with 10 tooth ones..The ones from Tacx work well.

oldpotatoe
12-24-2012, 07:34 AM
I checked the 2011 Veloce, they are the same type as Record 10, so I have nothing to measure. I can tell you that the new Centaur is the same width between the cages (8.4 mm) as 2003 and older Record 10, but don't know about the screw diameter.

The odd thing I find is that Record 10 pulleys have a wider width (8.8 mm) between the cage plates from 2004 on. They were originally 8.4 mm like the other groups, which continued to be 8.4 clear through current Veloce and Centaur. I would have thought that if they found that slightly wider was better they would have used it on all the groups.

Because the cages are carbon and thicker than aluminum. So, same pulleys but '9s' plates, notice they don't say '10s'...for the same clearance clarence.