PDA

View Full Version : Question about converting clamp on to braze on FD

Ralph
12-23-2012, 05:35 AM
Can I convert a mid 2000's Campy Triple Record FD from clamp on to braze on? This is the model where the band separates from the body. If I get a same generation braze on double or triple FD used, can I just swap the parts?

Am changing parts over to a new frame that takes braze on FD. Never used braze on FD before. If I can do this, would be cheaper and simpler than buying a new Comp Triple or similar braze on FD. I like current FD and how it shifts. I realize all these 10's (and maybe 9's) Triple FD's....Veloce, Centaur, Comp, Race, Chorus, Record, etc, from this generation are the same

oldpotatoe
12-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Can I convert a mid 2000's Campy Triple Record FD from clamp on to braze on? This is the model where the band separates from the body. If I get a same generation braze on double or triple FD used, can I just swap the parts?

Am changing parts over to a new frame that takes braze on FD. Never used braze on FD before. If I can do this, would be cheaper and simpler than buying a new Comp Triple or similar braze on FD. I like current FD and how it shifts. I realize all these 10's (and maybe 9's) Triple FD's....Veloce, Centaur, Comp, Race, Chorus, Record, etc, from this generation are the same

Yes, thru 2007 Fders. You can use other models and other years, even use Veloce brazeon assembly. It is secured with a 'c' clip rather than wee bolt is all.

Ralph
12-23-2012, 07:49 AM
Thanks

oliver1850
12-23-2012, 03:33 PM
I can trade if you need one.