PDA

View Full Version : What do you want for christmas??

AngryScientist
12-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Searching for ideas. Cycling related or not. What are you hoping is in you stocking or under the tree?

kramnnim
12-21-2012, 06:56 PM
A C59 with SR11 would be nice. Would settle for a 695 or RXRS...lol.

giverdada
12-21-2012, 07:40 PM
well, i think it depends on your proposed realm of reality.

there are all kinds of things i'd like in this life, and maybe even in the coming week, but the most important things i've already got, so all the expensive fun things are completely unnecessary and well out of budget. that said...

clincher folding CX tires
tubular glue
new bib shorts: summer, roubaix
rapha softshell pants
nikon d600 w/ 24-100 lens
swiss army wristwatch, maverick
birkenstocks
time to read james joyce's ulysses
uniball micro pens in all colours
disc brakes
my hair back

merry christmas!

ctcyclistbob
12-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Crankset:
http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=188_193_655_772&products_id=10476

Brakeset:
http://www.velomine.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1879

monkeybanana86
12-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Cheap: A classic G Shock watch
In the middle: Mini V Brakes
More costly: A 50 cm Gunnar Crosshairs frame
Dreaming: A house with a pool large enough to do laps

shovelhd
12-21-2012, 08:08 PM
The only thing I know I am getting is a set of frame and wheel decals from Veloink.

COYO1
12-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Long shot: I'd be stoked to have a Ouzo Pro or Ouzo comp with a 1" steel steerer and 43rake with at least 10 inches of steerer tube.

Costly and a dream: Spectrum frame 56cm ST x 55 TT with 1" extra long headtube :rolleyes:

Liv2RideHard
12-21-2012, 08:25 PM
I want nothing except to see my kids smiling faces and hear their laughter on Christmas morning. Fills our house with joy. I want/need nothing except my family.

Llewellyn
12-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Visconti fountain pen. We went and chose it a couple of months ago but I've long since forgotten what it looks like, so it will be a surprise on Xmas Day. I don't need anything cycling-wise :eek:

On a more personal level, as long as Di and I are together, that's all I really need on Xmas Day (or any other day)

Jack Brunk
12-21-2012, 08:57 PM
sitting in my buddy's warehouse is my new Cannondale Scalpel Ultimate 29er waiting to get built. He's really busy with Xmas so it will get built on Weds with the new Fox CTD electronic lock out. Sweet $$IT!

Elefantino
12-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Whirled peas.

boomana
12-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Early Christmas present: I picked up a mint condition 2001 emerald green Calfee Tetra Pro with Dura Ace 9 speed for $1040 off CL a few weeks ago.

Christmas present #2: I've had a cast on my ankle for the last six weeks, so have not been on a bike at all, and not even been able to climb on the Calfee. I got the cast off today.

Christmas present #3: I'm getting pedals and a full fitting for my new baby on Wednesday. Can't wait to get riding again.

Ti Designs
12-22-2012, 11:31 AM
A plane ticket to some place far, far away. One way would be just fine.

FastVegan
12-22-2012, 01:20 PM
26" dugast fast bird MTB tubulars

My hair to grow back

The . in my bank account to move a few spots to the right

My MTB frame back from ruckus

To never have to sprint against Stybar

ofcounsel
12-22-2012, 01:35 PM
I have no idea what my wife is getting me. I pretty much have everything I need though. I'm pretty excited to see my son's reaction for his gifts.

jpw
12-22-2012, 01:58 PM
a big box of good health and happiness for the year ahead.

materially, a pair of Zegho glasses would be nice.

thegunner
12-22-2012, 02:16 PM
a pair of mid depth carbon wheels to finish off the addict that my friend apparently bought FOR me :) (best friend ever)

jdhansen63
12-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Race gear bag
Aeropress coffee maker

Joachim
12-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Enve smarts 6.7. And to hear my son say Daddy! everyday when he wakes up.

Black Dog
12-22-2012, 03:31 PM
I want about 7 kilos of body fat to disappear so that I can haul my ass up the climbs of the french alps next august on my bucket list trip. Beyond that seeing my kids light up is more than enough.

jlwdm
12-22-2012, 06:13 PM
I want to buy two sets of wheels for myself for Christmas but I just can't figure out what to buy. It is driving me crazy.

Jeff

thegunner
12-22-2012, 06:21 PM
I want to buy two sets of wheels for myself for Christmas but I just can't figure out what to buy. It is driving me crazy.

Jeff

story of my life -- i've been debating between two sets (and wondering if the price difference is justifiable :p) what are you looking at?

gavingould
12-22-2012, 06:52 PM
i already have everything i 'need' and then some.

things i want:

Rouleur Annual Volume 6

404 Firecrest clinchers for the road bike (303 tubulars on the cross bike have been great)

some S-Works road shoes would be nice, but they gotta be the black ones.

some tasty whiskeys.

about 20lbs of fat to disappear in the area between my legs and my neck.

bluesea
12-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Fried chicken, black-eyed peas, pigs feet, old fashioned corn bread, corn on the cob, and chollard greens.

67-59
12-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Good health, for me and my family. Everything else is just gravy.

But I wouldn't mind if my gravy looked like an Izzo Alex Duetto III espresso machine and a Mazzer Mini grinder....:banana:

Tandem Rider
12-22-2012, 08:38 PM
I usually end up with whatever I really want. What I really need is for everyone to have a healthy year. That's the one I can't control but is the most important.
I sincerely hope that everyone gets what I want.

jlwdm
12-22-2012, 09:01 PM
story of my life -- i've been debating between two sets (and wondering if the price difference is justifiable :p) what are you looking at?

I am at the point that price would not matter if I really liked a wheel.

I have a Spectrum in Seattle with HED Ardennes but work has kept me from getting there much so the bike and wheels have only 50 miles total in 2.5 years. I have not had a chance to try different tire pressures and see what I think of wider rims.

I need wheels for both Serottas in TX. Thoughts of using wider rims for these bikes so have all bikes the same.

CSI has all silver group so considering WI T11 hubs in silver with Velocity A23 OC silver rims with silver spokes. Or could wait for new Alchemy hubs to save a little weight. Or silver H Plus Son Archetype rims but they have been gaining weight lately.

For Nove maybe red new Alchemy hubs with HED C2s.

If not wide rims would consider Neutrons - have to remove red for CSI. Maybe Fulcrum Zero for Nove.

Carbon clinchers? If thought had value would buy. Maybe Enve 3.4. Most carbon seem to need special brake pads that need to be changed for other wheels. Too much trouble if required in all situations.

Jeff

drc
12-22-2012, 09:06 PM
And I got them both. I'm going to ride a lot of hours on my Pugsley. In our house it is a verb as well as a noun, e.g., I'm going to Pugsly, back in a couple hours.

joep2517
12-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Great question. This year (and really every year going forward) I should stop and reflect on what was given to me earlier this year. In October I was told my cancer was in remission. Now I'd like to hear my doctors tell me that I can stop taking my chemo so the effects of the med (chemo brain) will diminish.

If I was bold enough to ask for something I'd love to find a puppy under the tree and to have my kids show up at the front door to spend Christmas together.

thegunner
12-22-2012, 09:13 PM
I am at the point that price would not matter if I really liked a wheel.

I have a Spectrum in Seattle with HED Ardennes but work has kept me from getting there much so the bike and wheels have only 50 miles total in 2.5 years. I have not had a chance to try different tire pressures and see what I think of wider rims.

I need wheels for both Serottas in TX. Thoughts of using wider rims for these bikes so have all bikes the same.

CSI has all silver group so considering WI T11 hubs in silver with Velocity A23 OC silver rims with silver spokes. Or could wait for new Alchemy hubs to save a little weight. Or silver H Plus Son Archetype rims but they have been gaining weight lately.

For Nove maybe red new Alchemy hubs with HED C2s.

If not wide rims would consider Neutrons - have to remove red for CSI. Maybe Fulcrum Zero for Nove.

Carbon clinchers? If thought had value would buy. Maybe Enve 3.4. Most carbon seem to need special brake pads that need to be changed for other wheels. Too much trouble if required in all situations.

Jeff

:eek: that's a multiple wheelset problem haha, best of luck man :)

Great question. This year (and really every year going forward) I should stop and reflect on what was given to me earlier this year. In October I was told my cancer was in remission. Now I'd like to hear my doctors tell me that I can stop taking my chemo so the effects of the med (chemo brain) will diminish.

If I was bold enough to ask for something I'd love to find a puppy under the tree and to have my kids show up at the front door to spend Christmas together.

and on a more serious note -- here's sending good wishes your direction. awesome that you beat cancer once, hopeful that you'll come back stronger than ever. too many people in my family had cancer. keep fighting.

CaptStash
12-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Well...Hanukkah's over so here's a sampling of good stuff I got:

Pear Izumi Winter training tights
Sugoi Resistor Booties
Flannel Shirts
New Weather-Tech floor liners for my Old=New Silverado

CaptStash....

AJvan64
12-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Good condition size large Arc-x.

LASIK vision correction surgery

My parents not making Xmas with the family super awkward.

The guy with the arc x of my dreams to reply so I can buy it! :banana:

thegunner
12-23-2012, 04:10 PM
^^ the parent thing... that's imposible. that's what parents do.

BumbleBeeDave
12-23-2012, 04:37 PM
I have four days off. I have a job. Enough food to eat. A roof over my head. My daughter is happy and healthy. The sun is shining. Did a great 50 mile ride today with a friendly group of people here. Drivers were respectful and courteous.

I pretty much have all I want or need. Merry Christmas . . . :)

BBD

Llewellyn
12-23-2012, 06:02 PM
I have four days off. I have a job. Enough food to eat. A roof over my head. My daughter is happy and healthy. The sun is shining. Did a great 50 mile ride today with a friendly group of people here. Drivers were respectful and courteous.

I pretty much have all I want or need. Merry Christmas . . . :)

BBD

These are the sorts of things that matter. Merry Xmas to you too BBD :)

Ahneida Ride
12-23-2012, 07:59 PM
The peace of Christ.

christian
12-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Sugoi Resistor Booties
If you have a gift receipt, I'd take these back. I blew out the zippers in <10 rides. And I am gentle as can be with booties.

SoCalSteve
12-23-2012, 09:21 PM
I want nothing except to see my kids smiling faces and hear their laughter on Christmas morning. Fills our house with joy. I want/need nothing except my family.

I'm Jewish and not sure what Christmas really means, but this sure sounds like the meaning I'd want...I certainly don't get the greed and materialism....but then again, I never grew up with this holiday...

AngryScientist
12-23-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm Jewish and not sure what Christmas really means, but this sure sounds like the meaning I'd want...I certainly don't get the greed and materialism....but then again, I never grew up with this holiday...

the good news is that Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate really can be all about whatever you make it about. :D