PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Owner's Club Questions

marshmallow
10-25-2005, 04:56 PM
I have been following along on the forums for some time but this is my first post. I just purchased a lightly used 2002 Ottrott with F2 fork and built it up with dura ace 10 components, Velomax Tempest II wheels, Thomson elite seatpost and stem, and FSA K-wing handlebars. All of your posts helped me to choose an Ottrott over several other bikes including a seven and a steelman. I had been riding a Serotta Classique (853) for seven years so this is an incredible upgrade for me. After seeing a horrific crash at a century ride last weekend I am very concerned about being able to repair the bike in case of a crash or (knock on wood) a garage incident. Does anybody know if it is possible to join the owners club (including insurance) with a Serotta that was purchased used? Just FYi it has been checked out by a Serotta dealer and was deemed "like new" with almost no flaws except a few clear coat nicks.

Serotta PETE
10-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Have the Serotta dealer who checked the bike give a call to Serotta to see if you can sign up. It is a great insurance policy, especially for the OTTROTT. Reason is that it is not a simple task of just replacing a single tube if needed from a crash or other mishap. I got this info from a long term friend up at Serotta and am not the engineering type to understand the reasons.

Additionally the membership gets you a jersey, discount on repaint if you need it, and "priority" status if ordering another frame or a repair.

It also includes open house weekend. (at least in the past) and Ben and the gang are not making a windfall profit on it

PETE

Dekonick
10-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Can you add other frames that you bought used?

If I could I would add my legend.

Kevin
10-25-2005, 06:47 PM
You can cover old frames. You must bring it to a Serotta dealer to be inspected and photographed.

Kevin

EPOJoe
10-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Marshmallow- I see you're in San Francisco. Was the crash at Foxy's Fall Classic? What happened?

Dekonick
10-25-2005, 07:07 PM
Does Smiley count as a Serotta dealer for inspection purposes? Digitla pics or polaroids???