PDA

View Full Version : OT Request

cnighbor1
12-17-2012, 05:15 PM
I have an OT request from a Friend that lives north of me, actually quite a bit north of me. He always dresses in baggy red pants and jacket. And has a big white beard. Well it seems his current means of getting around is getting a bit out of date according to him tell it. A large red sleigh. You know the type big open box on top and two steel runners below good for gliding on snowy surfaces. He is convinced a new Carbon Fiber Sleigh with all the Campagnolo bells and whistles is the way to go. Has he knows I am into modern carbon fiber bicycles he asked me to find him a great bicycle frame builder to commission for building one. I can think of a few but decided that this forum would know the perfect frame builder for this task
He also mentioned changing out the means of propulsion of the sleigh, twelve, yes twelve tiny reindeer. I suggested using twelve large reindeer but he turned that idea down due to the even larger amount of reindeer poop he would have to deal with while out on his late December runs.
So there is his request a new carbon fiber sleigh and a better means of propelling it into the sky faster.
Any suggestions greatly welcomed
And if he uses your suggestion he will surely drop by your home on the Eve of 25th December with some good cheer. the drinkable kind of good cheer

Charles
PS anyone know of a way to list FS an old red sleigh a bit beat up with out of dents and dings has he has asked me to sell it for him

AngryScientist
12-17-2012, 05:22 PM
http://www.sub5zero.com/sites/default/files/images/2009/inline/jaguar-sleigh-02.jpg

rnhood
12-17-2012, 05:40 PM
This forum has a "classified" section and that's a venue for selling the old, as well as any of several flea market type sites (ebay, craigslist, etc). I would just give it away since your friend has obviously gotten his money's worth out of it. Donate it to one of the local charities that will come pick it up.

And I suspect any of the carbon fiber builders that frequent this forum would make a superb bicycle, maybe Parlee, Crumpton, Argonaut, etc. Also don't write off a good production carbon bike like the SL4 Tarmac. Its hard to imagine a better riding and performing bike....and its available in red.

cnighbor1
12-17-2012, 05:47 PM
I think he might anger the people who are against child labor by getting those 12 tiny reindeer as I don't think there is a pygmy version of the species. I recommend he instead use a liquid propellant rocket motor that converts ozone to fuel while in flight, limited to flying sub-stratosphere of course to avoid damaging the Earth's protective ozone layer. I'm available as a consultant, all he has to do is get someone to pay my expenses

jr59
12-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Might have to lay off the cookies and eggnog. No matter what he drives, it's not about the sleigh/bike! :p

Fishbike
12-17-2012, 07:59 PM
TannenBAUM