PDA

View Full Version : Silver Eurus wheels

shinomaster
10-25-2005, 02:15 AM
Anyone here have these? Are they super hard to keep clean? The matte silver surface looks like it would be high maintenance...Since when are silver wheels back in style?

saab2000
10-25-2005, 06:58 AM
I have never seen any on the road, but I have seen them at my friend's Bianchi dealer. He had some of the L'una white/silver carbon bikes in stock and they had the silver ones. I would be willing to bet that they are high maintainance.

When I used to ride Open Pros I had silver ones. Silver never went out of style in my world. But they were very hard to keep clean. The finish loved to retain dirt and to be honest I never did a good job cleaning them. Their best day was their first day. I no longer have them, having gotten rid of them in favor of Campagnolo Nucleons.

I think that the new Eurus wheels are also silver, but they may have a different surface finish. They are also different wheels than before. I think the silver ones this year were expensive.

zap
10-25-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm waiting for polished rims.

Wait, I'll buy some NOS Shamals.

Zip's favorite wheels to this day are Shamals SL's.

Frustration
10-25-2005, 08:42 AM
If you've seen Fulcrum's and Ksyriums, you've seen the new Eurus... They all have something in common...

They're a little more "dirt grabby", but whipe clean pretty easy.

They also ride like Ksyriums... Not smooth, but also nice and stiff.

b3bicycles
10-25-2005, 08:46 AM
We've sold two sets of these wheels at the shop I work at and both of the customers loved the wheels. I saw one of the sets at a local ride a couple of weeks ago and didn't look that "dirty" to me, but I know this person and they keep they're bike really clean. Campy is changing the wheel next year to be more like the Fulcrum racing 1, so you may be able to get a deal right now.

steelrider
10-26-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm waiting for polished rims.

Wait, I'll buy some NOS Shamals.

Zip's favorite wheels to this day are Shamals SL's.

I agree! Shamals are bad to the bone. Have you seen what they are fetching on Ebay? I would have to say that they are worth every penny.