PDA

View Full Version : Fizik feedback

flydhest
12-15-2012, 01:20 PM
So, I ride the Arione. I have three, one on each road bike. Thinking of buying 20 to last the rest of my life (I wear out saddles in 10 years or so, but who knows how many bikes I will have?)

Anyway, anyone use the Fizik saddle bags or Fizik clip in rear light? Both seem clever to me, but I don't know how well they work.

Reviews on Amazon say that rough riding isn't good. Others' experiences?

pdmtong
12-15-2012, 01:26 PM
You will find as many people using the ICS bag who have had issues as those who have not.

10k miles and no issues at all with the clip. very handy if you have >1 bike and all use the compatible ariones

fwiw my bag is the medium, and in it is
- tube
- patch kit
- glueless patch kit
- CO2 inflator (12g htreadless so it is larger)
- CO2 (2)
- keys
- tire irons
point is, ithe bag is fairly full and no issues at all.

roads are pretty smooth here - thats prolly why. I would think if your roads are roughter, dont crnak the pivot bolt so the bag can swing a bit instead of continuing to torque on the articulation point

gavingould
12-15-2012, 05:45 PM
I use the saddle bag, yes even on gravel/rough rides. Run a couple zipties through the saddle rails and the little loops on the bag by the zipper.

I think I have the medium one, good for a 700x32 tube, levers, inflator and a couple cartridges, multitool.

flydhest
12-15-2012, 05:47 PM
So, for the small bag, are you ok with two levers, a tube, and a CO2 inflator with the cartridge stored inside the inflator?

beeatnik
12-15-2012, 07:38 PM
My medium doesnt rattle and has never come close to becoming disattached, even when it's not fully clipped in. Works great. Unfortunately, I can't use it with my favorite Fizik.

Bradford
12-15-2012, 09:28 PM
I use the light as a emergancy light in case I get caught our after dark. It has worked perfectly for as long as I've had it...probably 6 years or so.

jazznap
12-15-2012, 09:31 PM
I have a small one and use it occasionally. I've never had an issue but it's not my first choice for a saddle bag. I don't like that it swings. It doesn't rattle, but the swinging motion bugs me for some reason.

beeatnik
12-15-2012, 09:41 PM
I have a small one and use it occasionally. I've never had an issue but it's not my first choice for a saddle bag. I don't like that it swings. It doesn't rattle, but the swinging motion bugs me for some reason.

Tighten the small screws on the hinge. Do that and it will never move from any of the various positions, even after a few thousand miles.

pdmtong
12-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Tighten the small screws on the hinge. Do that and it will never move any of from the various positions, even after a few thousand miles.

that's why the bags come with a small allen key.

put your stuff in the bag, let it balance to its equilibrium, tighten.

godfrey1112000
12-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Sounds like an interesting plan,
Did you buy shoes for future children?

Tires for Future Bikes

Sounds like a new episode for "Hoarders"

Sometime the hunt and find on places like this, ebay and cl is half the fun

Now what color are the saddles going to be:help:

pcxmbfj
12-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Doesn't work well for offroad riding.
Plastic clamp cracked and didn't realize for sometime. Relieved that I didn't loose the entire package with inflator, tube, money, and tools
Liked the concept at the time.

rice rocket
12-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Double post, see below.

Pete Mckeon
12-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Yep. have used this setup with no problems. :bike::bike::beer: Wine luster Pete

So, for the small bag, are you ok with two levers, a tube, and a CO2 inflator with the cartridge stored inside the inflator?

rice rocket
12-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Mine snapped off on a smooth road. I didn't keep my valuables in it because I knew this might happen, but I lost all my tools and my spare tube.

You will find as many people using the ICS bag who have had issues as those who have not.

That's like the saying, there are two kinds of bike racers, those who've crashed, and those who will crash... ;)

I have the Arundel Dual bag now, which has been a treat. I did restitch the leather patch to move it though, so it actually contacts my seatpost (rather than nothing). While I had the sewing needle out, I stole the reflective strap off my spare Fizik bag so I can hang a light off of it...so at least it had some useful feature. :p

Walter
12-16-2012, 04:18 PM
No problems with the clip on seat bag.

Llewellyn
12-16-2012, 05:15 PM
For the OP's question about the light that Fizik make to clip into their saddles - don't bother.

The light has two LED's that are virtually useless as a means of being seen. And the design means that it slopes slightly downwards when it's mounted which means in practice the thing can only be seen from about 5 metres away (if you look really closely).

But if you'd really like one, PM me your address and I'll send you mine

johnmdesigner
12-17-2012, 09:16 AM

I have the small bag.
1-Tube
2-Co2
1-Inflater head (not attached)
Levers - I don't think so.
This all fits in tightly. You might get a set of keys in there but nothing else. If you threw it at someone's head you would do some damage.
I haven't had any trouble even on rough roads. I think the problem is that they use the same mount for the Medium. Once you put that much weight in it will probably break.
Arundel Dual on my other bike. Holds the same. Won't snag the ass of your shorts.

Bob Ross
12-17-2012, 12:20 PM
I've had the light for several months. Its effectiveness seems fine as a comparable alternate to the tiny Knog-like single LED blinkies.

I was actually surprised at how well the Integrated Clip System works; I would have sworn that wouldn't be a tight fit & that I'd lose the light within a few miles on its maiden voyage, but I'll be damned if that lil sumbitz doesn't snap in with a really satisfying CLUNK and lock down good and solid.

My biggest complaint is that I keep accidentally turning the light on when I pick up the bike by the saddle!

Rekalcitrant
12-18-2012, 12:04 AM
I use the small bag with tube, inflator, a few tools, etc. Haven't had any trouble, including some commuting on reasonably choppy roads.