PDA

View Full Version : Ride for the Roses Report and Thank Yous!

PBWrench
10-24-2005, 11:11 AM
For those of you who haven't had the experience -- the Austin RFTR is quite an event. About 6500 riders and a mass start with lane releases of ~800 riders at a time. Traditionally weird Austin ambience and windy weather on Texas rural rolling hills, the century was a great ride. Lots of nice bikes and very strong riders. The weekend is a truly inspirational experience. Thousands of survivors and their families riding, sharing stories and demonstating the will not to let cancer take control of their lives. I was privileged, as a top fundraiser for the LAF this year, to attend the Peleton Appreciation dinner. Lance was very cool, casual and friendly. Robin Williams entertained -- he is one sick, twisted puppy. Special thanks to Serotta forumites Bruce K for great advice and to weisan-pal and Brons2 for a tremendous Friday ride and their warm Serotta fellowship.

weisan
10-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Wrench-pal, it was really fun to ride with you and Jim on Friday morning. That was the perfect excuse I needed to get me out of the office in the middle of a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L day. :D

I didn't do the ride this year but I was out Saturday morning riding with my kids in the vicinity where the ride took place. It was really windy out there and I thought about wrench-pal slicing through the packs in his C-40. :banana:

Thanks for giving us a chance to meet up.

weisan