PDA

View Full Version : Sobering news from Ezra

nighthawk
12-10-2012, 03:49 PM
http://www.teachingcancertocry.com/?p=1400

Sad stuff. Whether you know Ezra's work or not, think a good thought for him and his family in these tough times.

Check out his work here: http://fastboycycles.com/

cmg
12-10-2012, 04:18 PM
He does nice work. The bike is a beauty and really needs to go to someone who'll enjoy it.

1/2 Wheeler
12-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Livestrong Ezra!

eippo1
12-10-2012, 07:13 PM
He's been through a lot in the past few years and still manages to have a more positive outlook on this news than I have for anything. He really is an inspiration and I hope that he is able to keep on trucking.

rwsaunders
12-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the post. His blog is very eloquent, from the heart and to the point.

sc53
12-11-2012, 07:36 AM
What an amazing guy! Did not know anything about him before you posted the link to his blog, which is incredible. The guy is a cook, photographer, framebuilder, writer, videographer and more. I am so sorry at this bad news. I hope he can make it through another round of chemo. His bikes are creative and beautiful too. I am sending prayers and good mojo his way.

SamIAm
12-11-2012, 01:23 PM
"You would all do me an amazing service if you would entertain the notion that the fight metaphor may not be the most helpful one. Or maybe it’s not as helpful now as it was in earlier stages. It’s difficult to change the language around something when it is so engrained. “Fighting cancer..” “died after a long battle with cancer..” etc. But this implies that there are winners and losers. That if we die we have lost. But we ALL die. No one makes it out alive. That shouldn’t make us all losers. The most pernicious part of the fight metaphor for me is the notion that if someone dies young from cancer they simply didn’t fight hard enough. That if someone decides to forgo treatment, they have “thrown in the towel.”

The above is so insightful and something that has bothered me for a long time. Well said.