PDA

View Full Version : Tape and saddle help

taz-t
10-23-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm putting together the Fuso below for my girlfriend (aethestics extremely important) and trying to decide on the tape and saddle combo.

Constraints: cork or other padded tape, no plastic or cloth. Terry Butterfly saddle or very similar (like Selle Italia women's TransAm) or maybe the Specialized Jett.

Bike has a silver Thompson post, a traditional polished Cinelli stem and polished Chorus Ergo levers, unlike the picture.

Leaning towards Silver Deda tape and maybe a white Jett Saddle.

Opinions?

Fixed
10-23-2005, 12:24 PM
bro nice bike there is that new silver tape a lot of riders around here have but I don't know the name of it . most times dudes match up tape with the graphics on the bike .i.m.h.o. white saddle and tape looks good most of the time ,it'll be cool anyway cos it's a cool bike to start. cheers :beer:

Bill Bove
10-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Both Cinelli and Bontrager now offer cork in a nice, light pink. Bontrager also has a gel cork that your girlfriend may like. Pink tape and black saddle, just like me :D

Kevan
10-23-2005, 01:04 PM
It's really hard to tell with this frame and the use of indoor/flash lighting for the photo, but thinking you most likely will end up with a black saddle, I might consider a dark (not too dark!) blue bar wrap.

Some folk here are good at photoshop and can offer some different scenerios overlaying different colors so you can get an idea. Would you be able to take a picture again using natural (outdoor) lighting?

Sandy
10-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Rapid Tourist has a very attractive grey tape on her Rapid Tour bike, that might look very nice on your girlfriend's bike.

Nice looking bike- Your girlfriend's and Rapid T's.

Rapid T's Domestique

bluesea
10-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Profile cork has a different texture and feel than the Cinelli. I prefer it to the old standby.

Peter
10-23-2005, 09:15 PM
That bike is gorgeous-it deserves careful consideration! By the way, Dave Moulton is still around and has posted on some of the framebuilders' forums.

First: Pink tape and saddle, white cable housing. An appropriate fitting pink saddle would be hard to find, though. How about a lycra saddle cover?

Second: White tape, saddle, housing, AND bottle cages.

Third: Silver/gray tape, saddle, and housing. Again, a gray saddle would be a tough find.

The concept here is THEME, and women really do have an eye for the aesthetic, so color coordination is a must. The bottle cages and the housing are key to a complete product.

Have the bottle cages powdercoated to match by Spectrum Powderworks.

Tailwinds
10-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Terry makes a pink Butterfly saddle right now w/the pink ribbon for breast cancer awareness on it.

I vote for a white saddle and white bar tape.

sc53
10-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Yeah I was going to mention that Terry makes a pink Butterfly saddle right now. That would look cool with white or silver tape. Pink tape might be too much pink, depends on the shade of pink.
--a female heavily into appearances

christian
10-24-2005, 08:29 AM
White perforated Rolls, Regal, or Turbo. White cork tape. Nice bike!

- Christian

taz-t
10-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Good suggestions from everyone.

Here's a couple extra pics of the Fuso in it's current state of completion that may give a better idea (along with it's sibling). Tried to get one outside in natural light, but no garage door for a backdrop...

Found the pink Terry Butterfly saddle but got the thumbs down from my girlfriend - didn't like it for some reason.

The suggestion to coordinate with the graphics is a good one - since the main portion of the decal is a white panel, white seems to be the way to go with both saddles and tape rather than matching the logo.

If it were mine, a white Regal would work but l think it's going to be a Jett.

Fuso #2 is a blank slate currently :p

brenick
10-30-2005, 10:07 PM
I personally like the Selle Italia Lady saddles. They come in several colors including white. You might consider the Fashion model for something different.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile_moreimages.cfm?category=&subcategory=&sku=15292&brand=1218

taz-t
06-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Finished bike - white tape, white saddle. Stacy got lots of compliments at the Cirque show and rides. Thanks to forum members for advice (and parts).
Bigger picture in the dead NC geezers thread.

- taz

GoJavs
06-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Beautiful beautiful FUSOs....White tape and white saddle are always classy choices.

Make me inspired to build up one of my Tesch 101s...

Big Dan
06-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Taz bro you are a menace, leave some Fuso's for us too.....

:D