PDA

View Full Version : Knog milkman lock

jischr
12-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Anyone using one of these? I was thinking of getting one for stops at Q-Trip and Dairy Queen. Is it acceptable for that application or still too light?

monkeybanana86
12-05-2012, 10:58 PM
how is the neighborhood where you'd lock up? and would the bike be within eyesight the whole time?

just curious, why not use a u lock?

Nooch
12-06-2012, 07:02 AM
I'd imagine if you're out for a 75 mile ride and need to stop to refill the bottles, it'll work for the few minutes you're inside the quick-check being gawked at by the cashier..

as to why not a u-lock, well, i'd imagine the above -- it's a real pain to carry a u-lock on a 'real' ride -- I don't even like carrying mine in my backpack while I'm commuting..

edit: I think angry scientist would use a snowboard/skiing lock for the same purpose, not sure if that might work for you instead of a bike specific version..

jischr
12-06-2012, 03:27 PM
I thought of a length of thin cable and a lock that would take more than a screwdriver to snap. The Knog would be a little more elegant since its pretty much self-contained. The U-lock is more than I'd want to carry on a three hour ride...a three hour ride. Hmm that sounds familiarly ominous.