PDA

View Full Version : Coach Crawford comes clean...sort of

CunegoFan
12-05-2012, 06:19 PM
He admits to helping Leipheimer dope. He won't name a rider with a lifetime ban that he helped doped. The Cycling News article implies that it was Kirk O'Bee, but Crawford worked with another rider who is a recent recipient of the lifetime banhammer. Chann McRae's sudden phone problems are also hilarious.

He denies helping Danielson dope. Tilford's take on this should be interesting...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rick-crawford-i-helped-levi-leipheimer-to-dope

peanutgallery
12-05-2012, 06:34 PM
the worst part about all these confessions is how the truth is so judiciously parsed out, about as bad as the denials. Folks need to call BS when they hear it

this cat strikes me as a very Tony Robbins-esque, weirdo. only missing the teeth. probably a bunch of parents of college kids that would like to wring his neck at this point

Tandem Rider
12-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Rant on:
These guys chose to dope, (cheat) and live a very nice lifestyle, large homes, bank accounts, etc. They are outed, implicated, etc. and cry the "poor little me I had to to cheat to compete". They get a 6 month ban during the off season. What happened to 2 years, lifetime? They all doped for more than 1 race. What about the men who raced clean and were cheated? Missed out on podiums and prizes? Punish them all, fine them back into a regular working stiff's job, These guys were over 18 when this happened, it wasn't 1978 when the DS were giving the riders shots of who knows what. These riders were cutting BIG checks to gynecologists for "training plans".

Nobody is talking about the elephant in the corner, what is the long term training benefit of doping? They have been training harder than what they are able to naturally for years. How long do they benefit from that? They need to grow a pair and man up. Sponsor Youth, U23, etc. teams and never race again unless it's for charity.
Rant off,

rustychisel
12-05-2012, 10:32 PM
judicious truth, true that.

A professional coach who didn't know about the statute of limitations and how it might apply in his case?

Yeah, right. He's still lying, still covering arse.