PDA

View Full Version : What's a good online option for women's atletic wear?

Louis
12-04-2012, 08:53 PM
My sister's been doing lots of group-type workouts recently and I want to give her a gift certificate.

TitleNine and Athleta come to mind, but if you guys have any better ideas please help.

TIA

MattTuck
12-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Add lululemon to the list.

rugbysecondrow
12-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Go with Athletica

AngryScientist
12-04-2012, 09:02 PM
go with the above if she wants higher end specialized stuff, otherwise sports authority or dicks sporting goods (do you have those where you live?) are good for the standard adidas/under armor/nike goods, which is what she might probably be interested in, big selection, etc.

dekindy
12-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Team Estrogen.

Louis
12-04-2012, 09:06 PM
(do you have those where you live?)

She actually lives just up the road from the LL Bean mother-ship in Maine, but I'd like it to be a bit more special than that, since for her that's just like shopping at the local grocery store. (but they do have a HUGE store, with nearly everything you could want)

AngryScientist
12-04-2012, 09:11 PM
She actually lives..... in Maine,

(warning: slight drift)

ever do any riding up there? sure is nice country??

rugbysecondrow
12-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Let me clarify my answer, is your sister slender, curvy or thicker? You don't have to tell me, but certain body types might fit certain clothes better. The Athletica seems cut for more slender body types, less busty curvy types, so that might not work.

Also, if you don't know, give a card for Dicks, REI or another store where they have various brands and types of apparel.

Women are picky about their clothes, in case you didn't know that already. :)

Louis
12-04-2012, 09:17 PM
ever do any riding up there? sure is nice country??

It's super-scenic, and nice and hilly, but most of the roads I've seen were in pretty poor shape for bikes. I've thought of leaving a bike at her place, but I don't visit often enough. Have not yet had the chance to do any actual riding there. There are some places I've heard about that are good for cycling (other than Acadia) but I'm not familiar enough to remember where they are.

I've been trying to get her to ride, but it's tough to motivate her to try solo from here in St Louis.

Louis
12-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Women are picky about their clothes, in case you didn't know that already. :)

Yeah, that's why I figured I'd do the gift-certificate thing.

I'd say she's closer to Jan Ullrich than she is to Michael Rasmussen...

Puget Pounder
12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
My girlfriend is all about lulu when there is a deal going on. She is kind of cheap like me... But lulu is definitely "in" right now... at least around here.

JLP
12-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Team estrogen.

sc53
12-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Title 9 or Team Estrogen are great online shops for women of all sizes. I would love a gift certificate to either!

benc
12-05-2012, 10:39 AM
lululemon

Fixed
12-05-2012, 03:24 PM
My sister's been doing lots of group-type workouts recently and I want to give her a gift certificate.

TitleNine and Athleta come to mind, but if you guys have any better ideas please help.

TIA
What benc said
Check this out one of my favorite shops now
http://shop.lululemon.com/home.jsp
Cheers

Hank Scorpio
12-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Lulu=Rapha

In before lock!

Ahneida Ride
12-05-2012, 05:21 PM
www.foxwear.net

no brainer

mgm777
12-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Lululemon is the schnizzle now. Expensive as all get out, but the ladies dig it.

Louis
Lulu=Rapha

In before lock!

In that case, better make it a $500 gift certificate... :p

oldpotatoe

TIA

Local place since she may want to try them on?

EDS
12-05-2012, 05:30 PM
www.foxwear.net

no brainer

That website makes serotta.com look cutting edge.

My wife likes Lululemon and it looks good on her so I can't complain despite the fact that 99% percent of women wear the same stuff. Lululemon, as you likely know, sponsors a women's professional cycling team which gets a thumbs up in my book.

jmoore
12-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Limber up the wallet for the Lulu stuff but it is very high quality. My wife wears pretty much only Lulu stuff to yoga and that stuff wears like iron.

I took her to Lulu once for her birthday and told her to get a couple of things. This was before I knew about the pricing. She got a pair of yoga pants and a tank top and it was breathing on $200. I almost did a spit take when the final tally popped up on the register. :eek:

Now I just get her gift certs ;)