PDA

View Full Version : OT:Mets Holiday Cheer/Jeer, NYY Present

jeduardo
12-04-2012, 10:12 AM
On the heels of his amazing CY Young season w/the mediocre Mets, the front office @ Citi Field is looking to trade the aging R.A. Dickey. I'm rather excited about the possibility of getting a few "high-end" prospects (we could use a couple of position players), but word on the "street" is that most teams are waiting for Zack Greinke (KCR) to hit the market before making ANY deals. Not too sure how this will sale out, but I just hope no deal is made w/the red sux, because I truly don't want to see any of their "top-prospects" near NYM roster.
Oh yeah, how about some former Met drama/nonsense: Broke ex-MLB star Dykstra was just sentenced in bankruptcy fraud case. Dude, was caught looting his mansion of valuables before creditors could liquidate the, and was accused of assaulting a nurse after being brought to LA County jail. NICE! Oh how the '86 world series hero has fallen.

Mets may have their typical offseason roster mess, but at least we did not receive the holiday gift that the Yankees Did. That Bronx team, who still owes $114mil, over next 5yrs, to that old (37yo) non-player, learned that A-rod will go under the knife another time. He's broken again (out 4-6 months again with other Hip ), A-Rod=jackass. Steroids are bad...ok

goonster
12-04-2012, 10:41 AM
A-Rod and the Yankees deserve each other.

Dave B
12-04-2012, 11:48 AM
A-Rod and the Yankees deserve each other.

Yes! I cannot stand either!

DHallerman
12-04-2012, 12:24 PM
On the heels of his amazing CY Young season w/the mediocre Mets, the front office @ Citi Field is looking to trade the aging R.A. Dickey. I'm rather excited about the possibility of getting a few "high-end" prospects...

Well, aging is not the best word here, since most good knuckleball pitchers have historically pitched into their 40s.

And sure, yes, "high-end" (deserves to be in quotes) prospects...you mean the ones that may not pan out.

Look, trading Dickey -- who has had three excellent seasons in a row for my Mutts -- for unknown quantities is like selling your favorite bike with the idea that there's a better one out there.

Maybe, but maybe that's a dumb idea. And my Mutts are filled with dumb ideas, historically speaking, when it comes to trades.

Dave, who says a team needs good starting pitching so find a better way to build since they still need good starters and also historically starting pitchers get injured so you need extra kinda like you need spare tubes

BumbleBeeDave
12-04-2012, 01:40 PM
I thought that was a European helmet brand?

And isn't everybody in the Northeast a "Yankee?"

And what' sthis "baseball" thing people keep talking about? . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

jeduardo
12-04-2012, 10:03 PM
The baseball playpen I knew as Shea seemed to contain an abnormally large swinging door of which an incalculable, at least by this liberal arts grad, number of "high-end" prospects have come and gone. As a long time flagellatory fan I've spent past couple of "Metcades" debating if '86 was in fact an apparition; specifically because any hopes I've had for post season success sulked through that swinging door.
Trading away a successful pitcher such as RA may seem odd/insane, but our future and current needs far out-way the limited team successes that one great starter may give us. IMHO our starting pitching was not our greatest concern, especially since we could NOT score runs and when we did our b-pen was no better than that of a Div 3 collegiate team.
I'm willing to sell off our best right-handed bike if I could be sure to acquire a game/playoff-tested catcher such as a...Brian McCann?!:eek:
I know those damn Braves won't put him on the market even for RA. So now that it's understood McCann is a pipe dream, RA is 1/2 way out of Queens, I'd gladly take a vg catcher and a few pitch prospects in the Dickey package. Met fans can only hope that the historically inept front office can get something positive done...they have to get it right at some point:confused:right:rolleyes:

yes, "high-end" (deserves to be in quotes) prospects...you mean the ones that may not pan out....my Mutts are filled with dumb ideas, historically speaking, when it comes to trades.