PDA

View Full Version : OT: Places to Eat in Westchester County, near the Tappan Zee Bridge or off 287?

bikerboy337
12-04-2012, 09:16 AM
I know there are quite a few people here from westchester county. Short story, heading down in 2 weeks for a friends party in Rivervale NJ, and looking to grab dinner with the wife (as we'll be without kids for the night!) on our way down to the party. Plannign to head down from RI and take the tappan zee over to NJ and down to them.

I was thinking there must be a ton of good places to eat in that area, so I figured I'd ask here in the hopes that you can lead me in the right direction.

Nothing too fancy, probably looking in the $100-$150 total for 2 people... just looking for a decent place to stop for 1.5 hours, eat and relax...

any advice?

Thanks in advance! :banana:

christian
12-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Harvest on Hudson in Hastings.

Pete Mckeon
12-04-2012, 09:44 AM
at Cyclesport. if you do not get any names here

He will know of many places to recommend in the Westwood, ParkRidge are (next town to RIverDale. 201-391-5269

Tell him NOOCH gave his name.:beer: (I blame him for most things if I can not blame RAMON

bikerboy337
12-04-2012, 09:48 AM
This looks perfect!

Nooch
12-04-2012, 09:50 AM

I was going to say this as well.

If you're in the Rivervale area and looking to ride, let me know -- I'm in the next town over.

Assuming you're not staying, though, if you cross the bridge instead of eating somewhere in Tarrytown or Hastings, you can open yourself up to Nyack and Piermont -- Mike would likely recomend Cafe Portofino -- I've eaten there and it's great! http://www.portofinoinpiermont.com/

If you want to eat a little closer to your destination, I'm a huge fan of Bibi's Lounge in Westwood, NJ (three to five minutes from your destination). Good food, decent wine list, nice atmosphere. http://www.bibizlounge.com/

54ny77
12-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Red Hat on the River in Irvington.

Awesome place, spectacular views, terrific food.

crownjewelwl
12-04-2012, 10:08 AM
tarrytown:
tarry tavern $$
sweet grass $$
lefteris $

irvington:
red hat $$$
mima $$$
il sorriso $$$

dobbs ferry:
the cookery $$ (altho i think it is closed temporarily due to a fire)
harper's $$

and if you want to splurge, blue hill @ stone barn in pocantico hills

verticaldoug
12-04-2012, 11:14 AM
+1 with Crown Jewel.

I'd either hit Mima's in Irvington or Blue Inn at Stone Barns in Pocantico Hills.

I doubt you can get reservations for Blue Inn, but if you can, that's the treat.
It's the holidays, splurge

DHallerman
12-04-2012, 12:19 PM
More so than Harvest on Hudson, which I've found overpriced for what you get, I really like River City Grille (http://www.rivercitygrille.com/main.html) in Irvington, on the west side of Route 9, just south of Main Street.

Cat3roadracer
12-04-2012, 12:34 PM
My brother in law, Anthony, owns a nice place in Nyack. The name? Velo, of course. Check out the website - velonyack.com

Nice area to walk around as well.

happycampyer
12-04-2012, 01:09 PM
I've been to Café Barcel in Nyack a couple of times and would recommend it as well.

fatallightning
12-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Portofino in Piermont still hasn't reopened since the storm. Nyack, which is on the west side of the hudson, first exit after the TZ has a number of good restaurants. Barcel, Velo, amongst others.