PDA

View Full Version : Same old Sachs!?

1/2 Wheeler
12-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Is Richard Sachs ever going to make something other than a skinny steel pipe, lugged, standard geo, level top tube, red and white bike?

If he ever expects to be able to expand his brand he needs to try something different.

Maybe a touring bike or a MTB. Venture out and try brazing without lugs.

The Team Paint job is as over done. Try a new paint scheme.

I'm sure they are great bikes and all but in order to become a major player in the frame market he will have to expand his horizons.

echelon_john
12-03-2012, 04:39 PM
You didn't hear? He bought a carbon facility, started swaging his own titanium tubes in-house, and started charging $100/set for replacement decals. Between that and his new powdercoating shop--called 'Jacket'--and DYOG (Design Your Own Geometry) offerings, he should be golden.

Is Richard Sachs ever going to make something other than a skinny steel pipe, lugged, standard geo, level top tube, red and white bike?

If he ever expects to be able to expand his brand he needs to try something different.

I'm sure they are great bikes and all but in order to become a major player in the frame market he will have to expand his horizons.

giverdada
12-03-2012, 04:41 PM
You didn't hear? He bought a carbon facility, started swaging his own titanium tubes in-house, and started charging $100/set for replacement decals. Between that and his new powdercoating shop--called 'Jacket'--and DYOG (Design Your Own Geometry) offerings, he should be golden.

:hello:

i'm taking this as a very good joke. either way, methinks this whole deal is comical like that thread on pegoretti...

sokyroadie
12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
While I don't always agree with his philosophy, I do think he has a handle on his business model. Not a good start for a noob.

Jeff

54ny77
12-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah, steel so tired, so old. He should firesale everything (especially in a 54/55cm) and start fresh. Carbon? Yawn. Aluminum? Cheapo. Bamboo? So politically correct Justin Bieber-ish. He should ditch framebuilding altogether and collaborate with Rapha on a 3D cycling simulator.

echelon_john
12-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Oh, and one more thing--I heard he's moving to Portland.

monkeybanana86
12-03-2012, 04:52 PM
steel is real. if it ain't broke don't fix it. aluminum rides harsh. carbon failure is unpredictable and catastrophic.

esldude
12-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Hey, how do you know he hasn't already decided he is done with steel and going to another design? You would have wait ten years to see even if it were so.

dekindy
12-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Troll Alert!:no:

majorpat
12-03-2012, 05:39 PM
I thought he just sold ATMO cycling caps...he makes frames?

Frankwurst
12-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Try to into his que(sic) does that tell you anything? The man has been building frames since before you were born and even though I don't know when you were born I'd bet by your comments I'm correct. Some people get it some don't.:beer:
P.S. He has built more than one touring bike.

vqdriver
12-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah, steel so tired, so old. He should firesale everything (especially in a 54/55cm) and start fresh. Carbon? Yawn. Aluminum? Cheapo. Bamboo? So politically correct Justin Bieber-ish. He should ditch framebuilding altogether and collaborate with Rapha on a 3D cycling simulator.

WHOA WHOA WHOA W H O A

justin bieber is politically correct?????!?!?!?!
i thought he was all edgy and stuff.
so much for belieberism

Liv2RideHard
12-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I shouldn't even be wasting my time replying but I am so...

Go away dude (OP). Mods should lock your IP address and ensure you go away even if this is supposed to be funny. Your crap is wasting space on the forum servers...as is my reply. Mods should just lock this up.

54ny77
12-03-2012, 06:04 PM
so awesome.

http://dealbreaker.com/2012/12/because-hes-135-years-old-thats-why/

"Justin Bieber definitely makes a bunch in the bank, but he doesn’t seem to know so much about banking. When the teenybopper star and his crew hit Susan Sarandon’s ping-pong club SPiN Wednesday, they were directed to a private room away from the masses, but told they’d have to give up the space at 6:30 p.m. for a private party. When the time came, a spy says, a SPiN staffer popped into Bieber’s VIP room to tell him it was time to go. The singer’s posse didn’t want to leave and started to kick up a fuss, but they were told, “We’re really sorry, the room is booked . . . J.P. Morgan is having a private party.” Our spy says Bieber then piped up and shot back, “Why does he get the room and not us?”"

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21700000/JB-on-bike-justin-bieber-21751577-266-400.jpg

oldpotatoe
12-03-2012, 06:07 PM

You just answered your own question. I think he is happy right where he is.

Like a lot of others in any industry. Or in many retail places.

nighthawk
12-03-2012, 06:12 PM
I shouldn't even be wasting my time replying but I am so...

Go away dude (OP). Mods should lock your IP address and ensure you go away even if this is supposed to be funny. Your crap is wasting space on the forum servers...as is my reply. Mods should just lock this up.

+1. Crap like this thread should be treated like the spam that it is. Nothing good will ever come of this OP. (and I'm cranky).

mike p
12-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah Richard should be taking advice from you. He's one of the most successful if not the most successful single man frame builders alive. He's got all the customers he can handle and then some. He has no interest in hiring on help and trying to become bigger. He's also developed tube sets, lugs, dropouts, clothing, runs a race team, is ALL OVER the net and appears to be quite happy in life. I think Richards doing fine........maybe Bill Gates could use your help.

Mike

54ny77
12-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Maybe Swoop's back.

:p

Kirk007
12-03-2012, 06:38 PM
wait guys, isn't this just a parody of the Serrota dead thread? me don't thinks 1/2 wheeler is serious....

Bruce K
12-03-2012, 06:39 PM
We're done here

BK