PDA

View Full Version : Why Italian Cycling Culture Rocks - Miss Ciclismo

Buzz
12-02-2012, 03:56 PM
http://italiancyclingjournal.blogspot.com/2012/12/2012-miss-ciclismo-alessia-franchi.html

monkeybanana86
12-02-2012, 04:42 PM
also interesting was this sweatshop photo

http://italiancyclingjournal.blogspot.com/2012/11/photos-that-hurt-my-eyes.html

Buzz
12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
I think that photo is of knock off / fake Pinarellos being made.

Pinarellos are made in Taiwan? I believe. They are designed and painted in Italy but that's it.

We were at the factory in Treviso and it was a little dispiriting seeing hundreds of black frames made outside of Italy waiting for essentially cosmetic work.

That said the Pinarello family were incredibly generous and welcoming to us - it seems the whole family works there.

And there is a difference between various brands in manufacturing...just like Apple products, etc.

Me: I say buy from an American framebuilder...they are still out there: Hampsten, Moots, Serotta, IF, etc etc

ultraman6970
12-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Is not a problem buy from american builders, the problem is to get the frame made anyday soon. Wonder if a rider got his bike a couple of years after he passed away because that would have been shocking for his widow.

thinpin
12-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Is not a problem buy from american builders, the problem is to get the frame made anyday soon. Wonder if a rider got his bike a couple of years after he passed away because that would have been shocking for his widow.

It shouldnt be so, but this is funny.

ultraman6970
12-02-2012, 05:54 PM
But think, i was just being sarcastic.. look a waiting list with some builders is just as crazy as 7 or 8 years, some aren't even taking more orders no more because they probably know they wont be able to get them, a 65 y/o guy put his order in with a builder, now he got bad luck and got a heart attack or something and now is in heaven at year 3.. 4 years later the frame gets home... the wife... "***????"... not saying that It could have happen but well it would based in the super long waiting lists these guys are handling.

Viner gets custom carbon orders if you know where to knock for example...

Steelman
12-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Pogliaghi, once again being constructed of steel, in Italy, by Basso:

http://italiancyclingjournal.blogspot.ca/2011/09/pogliaghi-returns.html

jlwdm
12-02-2012, 06:52 PM
But think, i was just being sarcastic.. look a waiting list with some builders is just as crazy as 7 or 8 years, some aren't even taking more orders no more because they probably know they wont be able to get them, a 65 y/o guy put his order in with a builder, now he got bad luck and got a heart attack or something and now is in heaven at year 3.. 4 years later the frame gets home... the wife... "***????"... not saying that It could have happen but well it would based in the super long waiting lists these guys are handling.......

Will not happen. The frame is not designed or signed off until build time. No huge delay.

Also, as a 65 year old I take offense to the fact that you think 65 is heart attack time. I am getting ready to head home from work and go for a night ride. It is 75 degrees at a few minutes before 7:00 p.m.

Jeff

GuyGadois
12-02-2012, 07:23 PM
A Miss Ciclismo pageant and Cipo wasn't a judge? What a farce!

cfox
12-02-2012, 08:10 PM
A Miss Ciclismo pageant and Cipo wasn't a judge? What a farce!

I think he may get a final vote/veto power via satellite from his sex palace.

SolidSnake03
12-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Seriously, you would think something like this would be owned and run by Cipo!