PDA

View Full Version : My new Fatback...I blame you all!

stien
12-02-2012, 12:34 PM
I picked up a brand new Fatback from Corner Cycle, Falmouth MA last night and was itching to get it out today. I ended up going to Otis AFB off Rt 151 and had a blast. It was warm today! This thing rocks so hard. It was way more fun than my hardtail (26er) ever was. I do have a question on fit though. I'm very familiar with changing bar height on road bikes but am not sure what it achieves on mountain bikes. What would I gain by going lower with the bars?

I really bought it for the ability to go swamping and snow riding since I now live in a shore community off-cape, but the trail riding was superb!

I really think I'll just hang up my Caad9 for the season.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu321/cleverbastid/DSCN2678.jpg

William
12-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Congrats! That thing looks like a blast!!:cool:

William

1/2 Wheeler
12-02-2012, 01:08 PM
If you had a great time then consider the fit spot on and keep riding hard!

4Rings6Stars
12-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Nice, that thing is sick. You riding it to work tomorrow? Curious to see how it feels after doing a few miles on the road...

AgilisMerlin
12-02-2012, 09:13 PM
stunning,

striking color

rdparadise
12-02-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm jealous. That looks like a great deal of trail ringd fun! Enjoy the new ride. Which fatback did you buy?

Bob

DRietz
12-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Alex, that's awesome.

Drop the stem if you want to put more weight on the front wheel or if you are just more comfortable in that lower position.

David Kirk
12-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Not to steal your thread.......but........I also have to share my new found love of a fat bike. I recently got a Surly Moonlander with the 4.7" tires and I must say that it's a lot of fun. Once I got the thing it stopped snowing but I did get a good ride in on some steep snow covered trails. It handled them so well it would have been easy to forget that that there was 4"of wet snow on the ground.

Let it snow!

Dave

jmoore
12-02-2012, 10:34 PM
hot! great color as well.

tiretrax
12-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Those fat tire bikes look like a blast. I guess I need to upgrade my mountain bike.

stien
12-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Nice, that thing is sick. You riding it to work tomorrow? Curious to see how it feels after doing a few miles on the road...

It's not slow on the road at all even at 8 psi. Not sure I'd commute on it with knobbies and no rack though. If I'm going with no panniers - leaving my lunch and change of clothes at work I'll just ride a road bike in.

I took it to the beach and marshland around here. Super fun to monster truck through.

onekgguy
12-05-2012, 07:54 AM
It's the most fun you'll ever have on a bike! I absolutely love my Mukluk! I smile all over every time I think about it. :-)

Kevin g