PDA

View Full Version : Chick-Fil-A....I don't get it (OT)

700 x 23c
10-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Recently opened here.....tried it twice (today after a ride...ah a tie to cycling).

Nothing special. Expensive compared to it's competition. And, always doing a great business!

Why is it loved so much?

EPOJoe
10-20-2005, 09:02 PM
It's all about the two pickles on the chicken sandwich, or so they say. I tried it a few years back during a trip to Orlando, so I thought I'd try it again here in Sacramento, CA, as they just opened a local store about a week ago. Some folks swear by the chicken nuggets, but IMHO I think you're right...nothing really spectacular. That chicken sandwich is pretty decent. Now, what do I have to do to get them to open a White Castle out here?!

Lifelover
10-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Recently opened here.....tried it twice (today after a ride...ah a tie to cycling).

Nothing special. Expensive compared to it's competition. And, always doing a great business!

Why is it loved so much?

Waffle fries and nuggets :banana:

coylifut
10-20-2005, 10:19 PM
they went out of business here. I always thought it was ok, but I haven't had one in years

shinomaster
10-21-2005, 12:48 AM
What the hell is this thread about? :confused:

bcm119
10-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Processed meat salmonella square burgers ? ground tendon childrens birthday party strawberry shake vomit on a greasy floor ...rather go bowling and borrow socks.

shinomaster
10-21-2005, 01:11 AM
Processed meat salmonella square burgers ? ground tendon childrens birthday party strawberry shake vomit on a greasy floor ...rather go bowling and borrow socks.

What the hell is this post about??!!!!!!!????!???!!

EPOJoe
10-21-2005, 03:06 AM
It's about Chick-Fil-A!!
http://www.chick-fil-a.com/home.asp

EPOJoe
10-21-2005, 03:12 AM
strawberry shake vomit on a greasy floor.
In the trade, we refer to this as "ambiance".

William
10-21-2005, 04:45 AM

I don't know either but it's making me hungry. :rolleyes:

William

Kevan
10-21-2005, 06:52 AM
Step aside boys. If you like your sandwiches pickled then I've got your baby. Called a "media noche" or middle-of-the-night, also referred to as a Cuban sandwich, this is the bad-bones of pickled fare. I've had this prepared several ways, but my favorite way so far has been as a panini. The sandwiches have a submarine-style layering of ham, roast pork, cheese (swiss), and sliced pickle. Mustard is the condiment of choice. Served hot all the way through. Haaaaa.....

Brothers, this is the other white meat and I can't recommend this sandwich enough.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Sandwiches/CubanSandwich.htm

darylb
10-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Step aside boys. If you like your sandwiches pickled then I've got your baby. Called a "media noche" or middle-of-the-night, also referred to as a Cuban sandwich, this is the bad-bones of pickled fare. I've had this prepared several ways, but my favorite way so far has been as a panini. The sandwiches have a submarine-style layering of ham, roast pork, cheese (swiss), and sliced pickle. Mustard is the condiment of choice. Served hot all the way through. Haaaaa.....

Brothers, this is the other white meat and I can't recommend this sandwich enough.

Although a "cuban sandwich" and a "media noche" are not exactly the same sandwich, both are fantastic. Personally, I like those little potato sticks on the media noche.

Hmm........ suddenly I am in the mood for a cafe con leche. I'll see you guys later.

ClutchCargo
10-21-2005, 08:56 AM
. . . Now, what do I have to do to get them to open a White Castle out here?!

. . . either that, or you are either Harold or Kumar. I have never understood the appeal of those little square boiled-looking, sweatting, no-taste burgers. yeehhh !

ClutchCargo
10-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Step aside boys. If you like your sandwiches pickled then I've got your baby. ... Served hot all the way through. Haaaaa.....

now I'm hungry !

JohnS
10-21-2005, 09:10 AM
. . . either that, or you are either Harold or Kumar. I have never understood the appeal of those little square boiled-looking, sweatting, no-taste burgers. yeehhh !
White Castles are one of the four major food groups. What I miss here in Mi are the raunchy Jack in the Box tacos. YUM!

Kevan
10-21-2005, 09:17 AM
heart clutchers.

The medianoche is the Cuban sandwich's sweeter cousin. (Named because it's smaller than its cousin, and is a great treat for after a movie or a night of dancing. Hence the name, "midnight sandwich.") Same ingredients as a Cuban sandwich, same treatment in the sandwich press, but made with a sweeter and lighter egg bread.

Honestly, any restaurant/deli will take their own spin on this 'wich so the line of division is about as cloudy as Sandy's mind.

columbusslx
10-21-2005, 10:16 AM
surprised no one has mentioned In-n-Out yet...

Chick-Fil-A (getting back to thread...) is best for the waffle fries. Sandwiches, etc. are ok in the fact that the chicken is not extruded, but for some the breading is a bit thin.

700 x 23c
10-21-2005, 10:32 AM
As long as In-n-Out was mentioned....I like their food, but could do without a Bible notation noted on their soda cup. I can't remember what the notation was, but in fine print near the base of the cup was clearly a message. I guess I believe in separation of Church and Burgers.

Tom
10-21-2005, 10:42 AM
The best sandwich I ever had.

For the olive salad:
1 gallon large pimento stuffed green olives, slightly crushed and well drained
1 quart jar pickled cauliflower, drained and sliced
2 small jars capers, drained
1 whole stalk celery, sliced diagonally
4 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
1 small jar celery seeds
1 small jar oregano
1 large head fresh garlic, peeled and minced
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 jar pepperoncini, drained (small salad peppers) left whole
1 pound large Greek black olives
1 jar cocktail onions, drained
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or pot and mix well. Place in a large jar and cover with 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 Crisco oil. Store tightly covered in refrigerator. Allow to marinate for at least 24 hours before using.

For the sandwich:
1 round loaf italian bread
1/4 pound mortadella, thinly sliced
1/4 pound ham, thinly sliced
1/4 pound hard Genoa salami, thinly sliced
1/4 pound Mozzarella cheese, sliced
1/4 pound Provolone cheese,sliced
1 cup olive salad with oil
Split a muffuletta loaf or a loaf of Italian bread horizontally. Spread each half with equal parts of olive salad and oil. Place meats and cheeses evenly on bottom half and cover with top half of bread. Cut in quarters.

EPOJoe
10-21-2005, 08:49 PM
What I miss here in Mi are the raunchy Jack in the Box tacos. YUM!
Don't get me started on those tacos...
I can't stop myself from buying the dang things, but the second I bite into one, my teeth break on that hard greasy shell, the sauce drips down my chin and my mouth feels that familiar burn, I instantly realize it's all a horrible mistake, and I question - why, why do I continue to eat these?
And yet I keep going back for more...

Fixed
10-21-2005, 08:55 PM
bro they give their workers sunday off to go to church.notice they are not open on sunday.cheers :beer:

vaxn8r
10-21-2005, 09:14 PM
So Cal: Tommy's

Cincinnati: Skyline Chili

Neither one are good for you but I can't help myself.

I don't get In-N-Out. Nothin' special but I think their menu is smart.

Ahneida Ride
10-22-2005, 11:06 AM
I don't know either but it's making me hungry. :rolleyes:

William

William is always hungry !!!!!!