PDA

View Full Version : Contador says cycling needs to introduce "zero tolerance" for dope cheats

Tony T
11-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Contador says cycling needs to introduce "zero tolerance" for dope cheats (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-says-cycling-needs-to-introduce-zero-tolerance-for-dope-cheats)

"For cycling, it should be zero tolerance, I express myself less certain but it is clear that there is no place for cheaters," the Spaniard explained.

In his latest interview, which has become a rare event, the 29-year-old reiterated that he has been wronged, having lost both his 2010 Tour de France and 2011 Giro d'Italia titles.

"I worked according to the regulations and they said that the victory is not mine, it's an injustice," Contador said.

Wow....

I Want Sachs?
11-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Zero tolerance meaning if someone is banned, they should be banned for life?

rustychisel
11-26-2012, 07:26 PM
I agree with Alberto (phew, did I really write that? It's almost cathartic, an expunging of pent up anger).

He probably doped, I dunno, but he's going to be royally pissed in '13 and looking for wins. Watch out!

CunegoFan
11-26-2012, 07:36 PM
There are a lot of riders who doped in the past but have stopped. They don't like the idea of others taking advantage. If what people were doing four years ago is ingored then positions like Contador's make a lot more sense and do not seem so hypocritical.

There are probably a few riders whose performances last season have earned them a talking to by their colleagues.

54ny77
11-26-2012, 07:50 PM
what he shoulda said was "from now on zero tolerance for everyone....but oh by the way that applies now that i'm back in sport, thanks."

shovelhd
11-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Exactly. Dopers calling our dopers is a farce when they're still in the game.

Rueda Tropical
11-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Contador is from the Vino, Armstrong, Bruyneel school. Hard to tell if he is thinking times are changing and he wants to adapt providing everyone else is doing the same... or it could be pure BS from an unrepentant doper. No way to know.

Are pro's trying to figure out if things are really changing... and if they disarm will they get punked by others still juiced? If they continue to dope will more effective controls and less corrupt officials nail them? Got to plan for the big stage races and the time to start doping is in early training.

BumbleBeeDave
11-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Are pro's trying to figure out if things are really changing... and if they disarm will they get punked by others still juiced? If they continue to dope will more effective controls and less corrupt officials nail them? Got to plan for the big stage races and the time to start doping is in early training.

I guess it depends on whether most pros really are total cheating sleazebags--or just basically good people who would like to compete clean but started doping because they felt they had no choice if they wanted to compete effectively.

BBD

gone
11-26-2012, 08:24 PM
or just basically good people who would like to compete clean but started doping because they felt they had no choice if they wanted to compete effectively.

BBD

Oh, you mean like Lance?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Elefantino
11-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Oh, you mean like Lance?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Kinda sorta. Like Lance, Contador has never admitted to doping. Substitute "I never failed a test" for "I ate clen-tainted Spanish beef" and you have the same denial, except there's no evidence that Contador tried to ruin people's lives over funny steak.

And, of course zero tolerance means the omerta continues. Which, to spin the theory in a conspiring direction, is precisely what some doping deniers who have made millions upon millions would like to see happen. In fact, they're counting on it.

that guy
11-26-2012, 08:38 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

67-59
11-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Kinda sorta. Like Lance, Contador has never admitted to doping. Substitute "I never failed a test" for "I ate clen-tainted Spanish beef" and you have the same denial, except there's no evidence that Contador tried to ruin people's lives over funny steak.

And likewise, there's no evidence that Contador's teammates threatened to turn him in...so maybe there were no lives to ruin. Just a thought....

Anyhow, seems a bit late for the guy to call for zero tolerance.

PQJ
11-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Oh, you mean like Lance?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Armstrong may have one day wanted to compete clean, but I don't think he was ever basically good. In junior school he once gave a new kid a wedgie that was so bad the kid couldn't walk straight for a week.

Rueda Tropical
11-26-2012, 09:39 PM
I guess it depends on whether most pros really are total cheating sleazebags--or just basically good people who would like to compete clean but started doping because they felt they had no choice if they wanted to compete effectively.

BBD

Either way you need to know what the new rules are. Is McQuaid and company still calling the shots or is it really more dangerous to your career to dope then ride clean in the next year.

pinoymamba
11-27-2012, 12:19 AM
what a joke...

esldude
11-27-2012, 12:37 AM
I agree.

So hopefully Contador will have no more tolerance for himself. And will voluntarily withdraw from pro cycling. Otherwise, it is apparent he is talking BS.

Louis
11-27-2012, 01:04 AM
This is like the foxes commenting on the fencing at the hen-house - IMO it has little credibility.

old iron rider
11-28-2012, 07:52 PM
This is like the foxes commenting on the fencing at the hen-house - IMO it has little credibility.

Agreed. Or the pot calling the kettle black. { with high octane beef stew!}:banana::banana:

Seramount
11-29-2012, 02:19 PM
I dislike LA because he dishonored the sport.

I dislike Contador because he's a pea-brained little schmuck.

dancinkozmo
11-29-2012, 02:42 PM
...how can you call a guy who does a "pistolero salute " pea brained ???