PDA

View Full Version : Help me pimp my Corvid

stackie
11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
So, I pulled trigger on the Corvid on eBay a few weeks ago. Now I have to build it. My other bikes are steel with quill stems, so I have no carbon knowledge.

I would like to go campy 11s carbon. Would like advice on good stem/seat combo. Love the enve seatpost, stem not so much. Like the ritchey c260 with carbon wrap. I'm a big guy, so would like all the stiffness I can get. Also like the idea of the 260 clamp. Seems safer to my mind. Also, frame has near level top tube, so I'd like something that gets me closer to parallel with top tube. That's a win for the enve since it can be easily flipped from an aesthetic standpoint and get me to about 10 degrees off the parallel.

Any opinions? Or suggestions for different combos?

Thanks,

Jon

that guy
11-26-2012, 02:22 PM
You mean a 26.0mm clamp? Not sure you can find a new, high-end one these days.

Alloy an option or carbon only?

Hank Scorpio
11-26-2012, 02:41 PM
You are comparing the WCS 260 to the Enve stem? I have never ridden the new design from Ritchey but it does look interesting. I have Enve stems on two of my bikes and they are really stiff. I also paired them to the Vibe 7s bar which holds the 31.8 diameter out to the bends.

Dave B
11-26-2012, 02:45 PM
I have always used Thomson as they make lightweight strong parts.

Can't wait to see it built up.

pdmtong
11-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I have the C260 and like it. installing it is a trick so read or watch the video. easy but not immediately intuitive

here's the new version
http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=599987

gavingould
11-26-2012, 04:47 PM
i like thomson stuff. zipp stem/posts good too. i would like enve but i'm not that well off!