PDA

View Full Version : Can I use Campy 11spd with a vintage crankset? q

d_douglas
11-25-2012, 11:19 PM
I am wondering if one could use an 11spd Athena drivetrain with a Ritchey Logic compact double crankset? What would it take to do this? Would a standard set of modern 110mm chainrings make this run PERFECTLY?

Id like to use my UT cranks on this frame, but I am hoping to use some FAT tires, so the crank/frame clearance would not work with UT.

Thanks for your advice, including what type of chainrings I would need to make this work!

choke
11-25-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm using a 9sp era Record crank with 11sp and haven't encountered a problem. The chainrings are 9sp as well.

oldpotatoe
11-26-2012, 07:32 AM
I am wondering if one could use an 11spd Athena drivetrain with a Ritchey Logic compact double crankset? What would it take to do this? Would a standard set of modern 110mm chainrings make this run PERFECTLY?

Id like to use my UT cranks on this frame, but I am hoping to use some FAT tires, so the crank/frame clearance would not work with UT.

Thanks for your advice, including what type of chainrings I would need to make this work!

Depends on the Athena. If 2009/2010, yep, no problem since the LH shifter is Ultrashift. If 2011/2012 Athena, the LH lever is more positional and you must have the proper FD and 11s spaced chainrings.

TA makes some for a standard 110mm BCD.