PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Dot Com 2006 models

ti_boi
10-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Is anyone else as blown away by the bikes that are featured on the home page???

Hit refresh and see another rad model followed by another!!! With the build quality, the style, and the variety that I see featured, it is almost like a 'golden age' of the brand.

Proof positive that Serotta is truly the most exciting bike on the road (and possibly off the road) today! BRAVO!

Litespeeder
10-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Is anyone else as blown away by the bikes that are featured on the home page???

Hit refresh and see another rad model followed by another!!! With the build quality, the style, and the variety that I see featured, it is almost like a 'golden age' of the brand.

Proof positive that Serotta is truly the most exciting bike on the road (and possibly off the road) today! BRAVO!

I know that serotta makes good quality bikes. But somehow serotta compact frames look butt ugly to me. IMO, serotta frames look great with a traditional geometry. But, a sloping TT with a tall Head tube just doesn't look right. A CSi or Legend frame with a traditional geometry look really sexy. But, I just cannot get used to the looks of a serotta with a sloping TT. It looks like a pile of tubes welded together. Just my opinion.

:bike:

Serotta PETE
10-20-2005, 05:18 PM
I agree with the looks of compact vs "normal".

Mike from Cyclesport sized me a year ago and recommended a sloping tt Legend Ti - - all I can say is the ride is OUTSTANDING!!!.

The looks are growing on me.

mflaherty37
10-20-2005, 06:22 PM
I like the Coeur d'Acier, almost enough to send a 2005 Csi back to be repainted.

Cadence230
10-20-2005, 06:41 PM
I like serotta too. I have a sloping top tube bike and don't like the aesthetics as well. I also think it makes people's profiles look more upright than a horizontal top tube. And after all, for me, cycling is also about having a riding position looking as aesthetically pleasing as possible.

dehoopta
10-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Did you see that they are returning to the full name rather than the dummied down version. I would like to think my asking and getting it handpainted on my '05 had something to do with it. I paid extra for the "heart of steel", and told Ben how much I preferred it to CdA.

Cadence230
10-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Did you see that they are returning to the full name rather than the dummied down version. I would like to think my asking and getting it handpainted on my '05 had something to do with it. I paid extra for the "heart of steel", and told Ben how much I preferred it to CdA.
Ha ha.
My friend Jason, a fitter at Cycles Unltd here in town, requested the same thing for his new frame. :beer:

shaq-d
10-20-2005, 09:50 PM

not to mention CdA is the sign for Caran D'ache, a pen/pencil company in switzerland.

sd

shinomaster
10-21-2005, 12:50 AM
I like the one made of balsa wood and duck tape....Oh wait that was calfee..
cool.

Wayne77
10-21-2005, 10:10 AM
IMO, the new CDA took a step backwards with the straight rather than curved Reynolds carbon seat stay. I'm not crazy about carbon stays but the CDA always had a distinctive look with the curved stay and the sculpted interface where the carbon joins the steel. Now the interface is the low-cost straight join and looks more like it was designed by a plumber. It and the new La Corsa now look too much like many other mass produced carbon stayed bikes.

On the positive side, I love the new Ottrot XC. That is one bad @ss sled!

Serotta_James
10-21-2005, 11:19 AM
The production versions of the Coeur d'Acier, CXII and Fierte models will have sculpted seat stay lugs more along the lines of what is featured on the Ottrott, Nove, etc.