PDA

View Full Version : WooHooo!! I'm A Weener

Bill Bove
10-20-2005, 08:33 AM
:banana: Last night at the Campy Tech Seminar I won a Big CorkScrew :banana: WooHoo :banana: I've always wanted one but just wouldn't ante up the mega dinero for it, especially when the wine I drink comes with a twist off top.

Other news from the seminar, There is a new bottom bracket design coming soon, maybe as early as '07. electronic shifting is still in the testing phase.
And we were assured that replacing a nipple in the new Eurus wheel will not be as diffacult as it appears. we'll see. New alloy compact cranks will have a 110 BCD, carbon's still have the 110 plus. The flatbar shifters come in two designs, one for road calipers and one for linear pull brakes. niether have a quick release built into them.

Is it to early to open a bottle of chiante?

ti_boi
10-20-2005, 08:35 AM
:) :) :) Lucky!!! :) :) :)

ergott
10-20-2005, 08:46 AM
:banana: Last night at the Campy Tech Seminar I won a Big CorkScrew :banana: WooHoo :banana: I've always wanted one but just wouldn't ante up the mega dinero for it, especially when the wine I drink comes with a twist off top.

Other news from the seminar, There is a new bottom bracket design coming soon, maybe as early as '07. electronic shifting is still in the testing phase.
And we were assured that replacing a nipple in the new Eurus wheel will not be as diffacult as it appears. we'll see. New alloy compact cranks will have a 110 BCD, carbon's still have the 110 plus. The flatbar shifters come in two designs, one for road calipers and one for linear pull brakes. niether have a quick release built into them.

Is it to early to open a bottle of chiante?

Great update!
Thanks!

BumbleBeeDave
10-20-2005, 08:50 AM
. . . that you are now OFFICIALLY a "Big Screw-Up" like Sandy is always telling me privately? . . .

Oops. ;)

BBD

PBWrench
10-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Makes sense re: BB design. Starting to see deep discounts on Campy cranks in the e-stores.

Dude
10-20-2005, 07:13 PM
i've had to change the nipples in the Fulcrums before. Its not fun but works. You basically screw a little threaded piece of steel into the nipple, drop it in the rim and then use a magnet, attracted to the piece of steel in the nipple, to guide the nipple through the rim to the proper spoke hole.

I'm assuming it is the same in the new Eurus. Not that bad but still a silly design for a wheel.

@PB wrench - I bet the Estores are blowing out the campy cranks because no one is buying them. They are so frickin expensive and many other, lighter options out there. That is also the main reason why they are redesigning, simply to compete. They're design isn't any "flexier" than the other designs out there, just heavier and less durable - but more importantly, they recognize the need to make a buck and aren't selling any of the cranks becuase everyone is whooping their @55 in the market (when it comes to cranks at least).

Bill Bove
10-20-2005, 09:36 PM
I agree, Dude. FSA said last year that they thought that they could be the #2 group as soon as they came up with a shifting system, shortly therafter Campy drops the price on their carbon cranks. Hmmm :confused:

divve
10-20-2005, 10:00 PM
@PB wrench - I bet the Estores are blowing out the campy cranks because no one is buying them. They are so frickin expensive and many other, lighter options out there. That is also the main reason why they are redesigning, simply to compete. They're design isn't any "flexier" than the other designs out there, just heavier and less durable - but more importantly, they recognize the need to make a buck and aren't selling any of the cranks becuase everyone is whooping their @55 in the market (when it comes to cranks at least).

Not that it matters in real life performance, but the top Campy system aren't as stiff as their competitors. Not sure what durability issues you're referring to however.