PDA

View Full Version : I finally got it done

jr59
11-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Shoulder is still killing me, and I can't ride it far.

But it's still pretty nice.

Thanks again SamIam!

William
11-23-2012, 12:49 PM

Thanks again SamIam!

Looks nice Big Guy! Where are you going to put the Atmo sticker?;)

William

Elefantino
11-23-2012, 03:41 PM
I'd go all the way ... atmo tattoo! :banana:

Nice ride = jealous.

cat6
11-23-2012, 07:57 PM
The album was originally going to be called "The Invisible Men", but three weeks before the release, according to Roger Taylor, they decided to change the name to The Miracle. The striking cover art utilised the Quantel Paintbox, then state of the art image-manipulation technology, to combine photographs of the familiar faces of the four band members into one morphed Gestalt image, in line with their decision to dispense with individual credits and simply present their music as the product of Queen; the back cover went a step further with a seamless regiment of the bands' eyes. Derek Riggs, best known for illustrating Iron Maiden covers, claims that Queen "stole" the idea for this album cover from his cover for the single The Clairvoyant.

roydyates
11-23-2012, 08:37 PM

Thanks again SamIam!

If you're shoulder hurts, you should definitely sell it! Is it a 58? I hope its at least a 58 though i would really prefer if it were a 59.

krhea
11-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Oh yeah!!!! Get that shoulder well and hit the road jack and don't come back for a long long time...that baby needs some miles on the odometer

AngryScientist
11-23-2012, 09:13 PM
awesome bike.

i must say though: steel bike, thomson post, brooks saddle - that stem could not look more out of place on the build you've got going. obviously a minor quip, otherwise, very nice!

firerescuefin
11-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Looks Great!

cmg
11-23-2012, 09:45 PM
kicks As.....

cat6
11-24-2012, 02:02 AM
The album was originally going to be called "The Invisible Men", but three weeks before the release, according to Roger Taylor, they decided to change the name to The Miracle. The striking cover art utilised the Quantel Paintbox, then state of the art image-manipulation technology, to combine photographs of the familiar faces of the four band members into one morphed Gestalt image, in line with their decision to dispense with individual credits and simply present their music as the product of Queen; the back cover went a step further with a seamless regiment of the bands' eyes. Derek Riggs, best known for illustrating Iron Maiden covers, claims that Queen "stole" the idea for this album cover from his cover for the single The Clairvoyant.

soulspinner
11-24-2012, 04:08 AM
Take that light off. Nobody should ride a Sachs in the dark its too cool:rolleyes:

jr59
11-24-2012, 05:29 AM
Looks nice Big Guy! Where are you going to put the Atmo sticker?;)

William

Already used the atmo sticker on a different build.

I'd go all the way ... atmo tattoo! :banana:

Nice ride = jealous.

Funny thing is, I'm more than likely going to bring this bike back to Jax and leave it there. So I can ride when I go home.

If you're shoulder hurts, you should definitely sell it! Is it a 58? I hope its at least a 58 though i would really prefer if it were a 59.

62.5,ST 58.5 TT

I think it looks good, but I've got a 120mm black Thomson should you feel the need.
Email sent.

Take that light off. Nobody should ride a Sachs in the dark its too cool:rolleyes:
Hard to ride @5:00 am with out lights.

And you guys are a tough crowd!
Thanks to all that helped me piece this together.

Lionel
11-24-2012, 05:43 AM
It's my size, I own his twin brother. Enjoy it.

Agreed on replacing the stem as well as this bottle holder and seatpost. Mine has King cages SS on it.

gomango
11-24-2012, 05:56 AM
Gorgeous.

Everyone will always have a suggestion or two for improvement, because we all have a vision in our heads of what a beauty like this should look like.

More importantly, are you healing at this point from the accident?

Just remember, it takes a while to really feel good again.

This should take care of a few problems if you stay in the saddle and build up slowly.

Before you know it, you'll be back to regular form!

soulspinner
11-24-2012, 06:21 AM
Already used the atmo sticker on a different build.

Funny thing is, I'm more than likely going to bring this bike back to Jax and leave it there. So I can ride when I go home.

62.5,ST 58.5 TT

Email sent.

Hard to ride @5:00 am with out lights.

And you guys are a tough crowd!
Thanks to all that helped me piece this together.

See smile face (complete levity). Sachs bicycles are sweet looking it was a compliment to the bike.

Aaron O
11-24-2012, 06:26 AM
Damn homeboy! That ride be stylin', yo!

I love the mix of classic Sachs and modern function...that bike screams fun!

What's the gearing? Maybe some more detailed close ups?

Has doc indicated recovery times?

jr59
11-24-2012, 07:09 AM
It's my size, I own his twin brother. Enjoy it.

Agreed on replacing the stem as well as this bottle holder and seatpost. Mine has King cages SS on it.

Sort of built it up with used stuff I had bought and laying around.
King cages will be here monday. More than likely I'll change the stem and the bars, I'm not sure I like the stem and wing type bars. Oh well live and learn. I just wanted to ride it a bit before surgery makes riding wait.

Damn homeboy! That ride be stylin', yo!

I love the mix of classic Sachs and modern function...that bike screams fun!

What's the gearing? Maybe some more detailed close ups?

Has doc indicated recovery times?

Word from Doc is not promising. Another MRI next week and more than likely surgery to follow. Maybe not, I hope not, but the Dr told me not to get my hopes up for that. We will see.
I'm just mad, because I would have liked to have it done earlier, but I trust what the Dr's say.

shovelhd
11-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Good luck with the healing. Very nice bike.

Aaron O
11-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Sort of built it up with used stuff I had bought and laying around.
King cages will be here monday. More than likely I'll change the stem and the bars, I'm not sure I like the stem and wing type bars. Oh well live and learn. I just wanted to ride it a bit before surgery makes riding wait.

Word from Doc is not promising. Another MRI next week and more than likely surgery to follow. Maybe not, I hope not, but the Dr told me not to get my hopes up for that. We will see.
I'm just mad, because I would have liked to have it done earlier, but I trust what the Dr's say.

PUKE. Are you able/allowed to ride at all? It's sounding like they were hoping it would heal naturally but it hasn't recovered like they wanted?

Hang in there man...keep staring at this as the golden prize. That's what I did with the Vanilla, and it really did help. I'm just starting a regular riding routine again...my leg and posterior were too weak to ride regularly until about a week ago. It's been a slow recovery, but I feel like it's finally really starting now.

jr59
11-26-2012, 10:14 AM
PUKE. Are you able/allowed to ride at all? It's sounding like they were hoping it would heal naturally but it hasn't recovered like they wanted?

Hang in there man...keep staring at this as the golden prize. That's what I did with the Vanilla, and it really did help. I'm just starting a regular riding routine again...my leg and posterior were too weak to ride regularly until about a week ago. It's been a slow recovery, but I feel like it's finally really starting now.

Yea, the Dr told me it was alright to ride, to use my judgement. haha...
I can ride, just not able to pull with my arms at all. No pulling for leverage, also I need to ride on smoother type roads and such. Either that or really make very sure that I dodge the bigger bumps. Even with my arms relaxed the jolt is really painfull, like being stuck with a knife. NOT GOOD!

Luckily, I have a very good MUP very close to me that I like to ride on. Not much traffic, horse, or walkers, just about 45 miles of smooth paved strip.
So ALL GOOD! Now about my heart and lungs and legs, not quite there. lol!
I'll get there.

All I can do is what the Drs tell me, and I will do that. Just is seeming to take a long time this time. Yet I waited a long time when I broke my back also. So this is nothing. At least I keep telling myself that! :cool:

I will say that this bike is nice, but my new to me Ellis rides a LOT better!

Elefantino
11-28-2012, 12:17 PM
You can leave it with me and I promise to take good care of it and ride it only occasionally. :banana:

Dromen
11-28-2012, 02:27 PM
I have a Black thomson 110/0 stem that is new if interest. Beautiful rig.

awesome bike.

i must say though: steel bike, thomson post, brooks saddle - that stem could not look more out of place on the build you've got going. obviously a minor quip, otherwise, very nice!