PDA

View Full Version : first cross ride tonight

yeehawfactor
10-19-2005, 08:47 PM
first ride ever that is. in my rookie state, i need tips! i've figured out how to get a bit of strength on the road, but i'm lost as far as cross goes. tips? pointerS? i watched transition, if that's worth anything.

ergott
10-20-2005, 06:47 AM
How'd you do?

Bruce K
10-20-2005, 06:52 AM
I believe there is a pretty good DVD available through www.cyclocrossworld.com that gives tips and pointers on cross.

I would also look for your local club that has a strong cross component. They usually have practices and people willing to teach a little "Cross 101". At least we do here in ECV.

Last night we had almost 30 people at cross practice. It is getting pretty intimidating with people like Jesse Anthony (6 time age group national champ), Shawn Milne (on his way to the pros), Phil WOng (on his way to Jittery Joe's), Tim Johnson, Lyn Bessette.....

BK

shinomaster
10-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Don't look back. Don't crash. Don't show up at the start last. Sprint fast. Train all summer. Don't fall on your face and knock out your teeth.

yeehawfactor
10-21-2005, 11:24 AM
How'd you do?
i did alright. i rode again last night. there's a couple of long, uphill, curvy sections of fine loose gravel in a nearby park, so i tooled around on that, and worked on dismounts. figured out there's a lot of slogging and pedal mashing. it's definately way different than road riding, and i feel like a few years of road riding only sort of prepared me. but i love it already.