PDA

View Full Version : Oakley Razorwire Bluetooth

Tony Prioli
10-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Just got my pair today. Works like a charm. At slower speeds the sound is great. IF the wind is bad, or you are riding too fast, then it is noisy for the caller. But quite good for sound. Very cool.

Tony

BumbleBeeDave
10-19-2005, 07:29 PM
. . . but I don’t understand this. I go riding to get AWAY from my phone . . .

BBD

Keith A
10-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Amen -- BBDave!

PK9
10-19-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm with BBDave and Keith, no phone. And for my part, no computer, HRM or watch either.

Have a good ride!

Tony Prioli
10-19-2005, 09:14 PM
But the test today, was to see how it would work on the bike. The technology is motorola, and that is what tour riders use for talking to the team cars. Only they have wired earpieces. I can imagine the oakley razorwires will find their way to the pro peleton as a two way radio. The technology could work if motorola wanted to do it..

Tony

Kevan
10-19-2005, 09:56 PM
is an earpiece you could wear when you're off the bike that feeds your ears with the listening sensations you normally experience were you on your bicycle. Ahhh....think of it, the sound of rushing air past your ear, the whirling-sound of rubber on pavement, maybe on occasion the clicking sound of the rear hub as you coast a downhill or turn. Okay.. some passing traffic, but not too much and absolutely no horns! How about the sound of your wheel running over fallen autumn leaves or the cry of a hawk flying overhead? What about your own gasp or the pounding of your chest during a hard climb? Do you think they could capture the essence of high speed or the sound of gears being changed? May everything would start with the sound of a cleat engaging a pedal and a foot pushing off the ground, or a new chapter with sound of a bicycle bell. You know... I could setup a small fan on my desk, turn it on, close my eyes, listen to the sounds mentioned here and forget that I'm sitting at my desk in front of one of these machines. I wonder if this can be done on my iPod?

Think about it, I just might post less often here if we had such things.

Now comes the flurry of helping offers.

gdw
10-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Now we'll have to dodge clueless cyclists gabbing away on their phones.

Keith A
10-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Nice visual Kevan -- just one problem for me, where do you get those sounds of your tires running over fallen autumn leaves? This is one sound I miss now that I'm on the central coast of FL.

Frankwurst
10-20-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't answer my phone at home most of the time so I guess you can figure out where I stand. :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
10-20-2005, 08:40 PM
<<Think about it, I just might post less often here if we had such things.>>

Then I hope they NEVER develop it, Sweet Kevan, because my life would be empty desolation without the continuing pleasure of reading your thoughts, your prose, your descriptions, your fantasies, your--uh, oh. D@MN! And it was supposed to be a SECRET crush! :rolleyes: :eek:

BBD

Birddog
10-20-2005, 08:50 PM
I don't answer my phone at home most of the time so I guess you can figure out where I stand.

What he said

Birddog

manet
10-20-2005, 09:15 PM
my messages:

http://www.movieden.co.uk/files/290.jpg

Kevan
10-20-2005, 09:25 PM
"I don't answer my phone at home most of the time so I guess you can figure out where I stand."

What he said and what he said.