PDA

View Full Version : Moots dealer in IL/WI/IN

raygunner
11-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Hey there!

I'm starting to seriously consider a Moots for my next rig (or well, next next rig!) and one of my local LBS (Turin/Ten 27) is a Moots dealer but sadly they're closing their doors shortly.

Anyone have a good experience w/ a Moots dealer in the pacific Midwest?

gone
11-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Out of your list of states (IL/WI/IN) but only just: Healthy Habits in Davenport IA is a Moots dealer.

rnhood
11-16-2012, 06:19 PM
I believe "oldpotatoe" on this forum is a Moots dealer and he has lots of knowledge and experience with the bikes. I can't imagine there is much he doesn't know about them. And I would think he could sell you one. Search on his name and send a PM.

Dave B
11-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Here you go. Talk to Jonathan. Tell him Dave Bradley sent you.

Neboridge.com

Store Hours: Monday-Friday 11-7, Sat 10-5, Sun 12-5

4335 West 106th Street
Suite 900
Carmel, IN 46032
Phone: (317) 471-1089
E-mail Us (info@neboridge.com)
Google Map and Directions

happycampyer
11-16-2012, 10:23 PM
That's sad to hear about Turin. Back in '07 or so, I tracked down the last unsold SL in my size that Moots made, which Turin happened to have in their inventory. They were great to deal with, and seemed like great folks in general.

dekindy
11-16-2012, 11:03 PM
I live near Nebo Ridge in Indianapolis and can vouch for them.

However, Spin Zone Cycling is in Granger, IN which is adjacent to South Bend and is closer to you than Indianapolis. I cannot speak from personal experience. However, they manufacture Sportscrafters rollers which are probably the best value roller for the money and also manufacture rollers for the Cyclops brand. So based upon that and comments from others I would at least give them a call and check them out.

Just checked and they have a 2011 56 Vamoots CR on closeout.:banana:

Doug Fattic
11-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Granger, Indiana is an easy trip from Chicago because it is just off of the Indiana Toll Road exit 83. It is roughly 100 miles from downtown Chicago. Get on the Chicago Skyway and just keep going east. Spin Zone is a just a few blocks away from the exit. It is close by me but I don't know them personally because as a framebuilder I don't need their services. Many of my cycling acquaintances are their customers and they say good things about them. My question about your choice of dealers is whether you need any fitting services to make sure your new frame will be optimum for your needs. If so that might figure into your choice of where to go. I used to know some of the guys at Moots and even painted their 25th anniversery frames for them but over time they have moved on.

charliedid
11-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Hey Raygunner,

It's true we are closing our doors soon ....but as you may know many of us are staying around for a while, and the shop moving in wants to maintain that Moots relationship. Not sure about your timeframe but we may still be able to help you out. Shoot me a PM if you want to talk more about it.

rePhil
11-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Or choose the crazy fun option: Fly to Denver, rent a car and drive to Vecchio's.
If you can wait until spring, take a day and drive over to Steamboat for a Moots factory tour

oldpotatoe
11-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Or choose the crazy fun option: Fly to Denver, rent a car and drive to Vecchio's.
If you can wait until spring, take a day and drive over to Steamboat for a Moots factory tour

I like it!!

I'll pick ya up if you promise to buy a Moots.

67-59
11-17-2012, 06:13 PM

Gonna try that one this winter (during NAHBS) to get some Campy Record hubs and a RD rebuilt. Vecchio's, NAHBS - talk about the perfect double play!

raygunner
11-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Hmmm...I'm a big fan of killing two birds with one stone! And I've never been to a NAHBS...Maybe I'll join you!

Thanks for all the help, I hope to be a Moots owner soon!

SolidSnake03
11-17-2012, 09:00 PM
In Wisconsin Williamson Bikes has Moot's, no personal experiences with the shot just know they carry/deal in them.