PDA

View Full Version : CDA first time out

Thumby
11-14-2012, 09:51 PM
It's like butter, my new-to-me CDA! My road history is mostly on high end steel, so it does surprise me that I could find a significantly smoother ride on a (mostly) steel bike! My roads are pretty rough as a rule, lots of chipseal and uneven surfaces. The CDA is really taming the road to a level my other bikes (Riv, Ritchey) can't. My only disappointment is that a 25mm is the fattest I can go, no dice with my Rolly Poly 28's. I took a lot of measurements from my other bikes to get into a similar position, and right off the bat I felt at home, even when standing. I have a few forum members to thank:
SBash Skip for the frame, Scott Barncat for the wheels and a few bits, and William for a stem.
:banana::banana::banana:

No pics yet, I need to finalize the bar/tape, and figure out a complimentary saddle.
60cm CDA, carbon fork and stays, CK Classics on Velocity, Sram Force, some heavy SPD's, around 19.5 lbs
Thanks for such a great forum that gave me the chance to easily piece this together!

dd74
11-15-2012, 03:28 AM
Enjoy and cherish your CDA. Who's to say if Serotta will ever again produce steel frames. :(

mnoble485
11-15-2012, 06:18 AM
Welcome to the CDA club. your description is almost word for word of my post after my first ride. There is magic in those tubes.

Mike

Black Dog
11-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Pics???

cachagua
11-15-2012, 07:21 PM
They're gods, they're d*cks, whatever we think of the personnel and some of their business choices, the bikes are --well, what you said exactly mirrors my experience with every Serotta I've ever had: it feels like coming home.

Welcome home, and may "home" stay with you many years.

rpm
11-16-2012, 10:39 AM
I've had the same experience with my CDA--the stiffest bike I've ever owned, but also smooth. Conventional wisdom says that the carbon seatstays and the shaped tubing are just gimmicks, but the overall effect is very nice.