PDA

View Full Version : Colorado LT ?

Fixed
10-18-2005, 07:42 AM
Bro anyone know anything about these bikes? There is a 58cm complete bike for $1250 b.i.n. I've never seen a LT .: but I did have a b.l.t. one time cheers :beer:

PanTerra
10-18-2005, 08:30 AM
Bro anyone know anything about these bikes? There is a 58cm complete bike for $1250 b.i.n. I've never seen a LT .: but I did have a b.l.t. one time cheers :beer:

Hmm, an LT. I have never seen an LT.

JeffreyG
10-18-2005, 09:03 AM
I have a colorado Lt. There are some pics of it on this site, listed as the Purple People Eater. As far as the ride it is very stiff, and Lt does not stand for light, its pretty heavy. It is also a very good descender, very smooth at high speeds.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=10698&highlight=purple

Serotta PETE
10-18-2005, 09:42 AM
nice riding frame...at that time there was the non-LT which was Columbus and the LT which was Prestige.

Also if I recall the Prestige had the cable guide on TT while the Columbus tubing one had guide running in TT.

PETE

Big Dan
10-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Pete is right. I still have a 92 Colorado LT. Check the galleries. It's a really nice frame, very stiff. Mine has a custom steel fork and Ultegra 9 speed.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=4508

Fixed
10-18-2005, 10:41 AM
bro I think it's the same paint as the one on e-bay but you have a better fork dude .cheers :beer:

Big Dan
10-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks Fixed, the color is Onyx/ Emerald fade...I think... :D
Bought it new and still going strong.

Keith A
10-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Fixed -- that eBay bike looks pretty good.

Based on the description and images of the Colorado LT, it appears (to me) that this frame was the predecessor to the CSi. Can anyone verify this?

BTW, I don't think this frame was from '98 and would suspect that it is '94 or earlier.

Edit: You might also check out this Nova Special X (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7190204072) that is the same size as the Colorado LT.

JeffreyG
10-18-2005, 01:16 PM

Based on the description and images of the Colorado LT, it appears (to me) that this frame was the predecessor to the CSi. Can anyone verify this?

It preceeded the Atlanta

PanTerra
10-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Here is a thread form a while back where I was trying to get the history of the CSi and what it replaced over the years.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=6498&highlight=CSi+history

Serotta PETE
10-18-2005, 04:08 PM
YEP~

BTW, I don't think this frame was from '98 and would suspect that it is '94 or earlier.

Edit: You might also check out this Nova Special X (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7190204072) that is the same size as the Colorado LT.

jdoiv
10-19-2005, 04:05 PM
I know this bike and the owner. A friend of mine in California outbid me for what looks like this bike not too long ago. He sent me pics after he built it up and we talked bikes and kids. The pictures are very similar and the location is right. Not to spam, but "if" this is it, it would be a good buy. He's a terrific guy. I shot him an email to find out what's up.

Fixed you would look gooood on that bike...

Fixed
10-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Bro it's my size and kinda in my price range the only thing that I don't like is the fork and trying to get a good steel fork is a pain in the*8s cheers :beer:

Keith A
10-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Fixed -- I might be able to help you out with the fork. I have an older "Colorado S" Serotta steal fork that I've been contemplating putting on my CSi to try instead of the F1 that is on there now. Anyway, I might be willing to part with this if it would work for you, but my guess is that it is going to be too short. The steerer tube length is 185mm long.

Serotta PETE
10-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Bro it's my size and kinda in my price range the only thing that I don't like is the fork and trying to get a good steel fork is a pain in the*8s cheers :beer:

Send Kirk a message - - I think this frame was built while he was at Serotta and he can probably make you one - if that works for you.

Fixed
10-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Fixed -- I might be able to help you out with the fork. I have an older "Colorado S" Serotta steal fork that I've been contemplating putting on my CSi to try instead of the F1 that is on there now. Anyway, I might be willing to part with this if it would work for you, but my guess is that it is going to be too short. The steerer tube length is 185mm long.bro thanks but it would be to short and having a fork made would be about half again the price of the bike one will show up that is just right sometime ,too bad this dude changed out his fork .cheers :beer:

Keith A
10-20-2005, 08:25 AM
I figured this fork would be too short.

IMHO, I wouldn't let the fork hold me back from purchasing the bike. I have been able to purchase two Serotta steel forks over the last year or so and both of them were less than $50. So just go for it and then replace the fork down the road when you find one for a good price.

When I bought my CSi, it also had a Kinesis carbon fork which I did not care for. But with some patience, I was able to locate an F1 that was even already painted to match my frame :banana:

Fixed
10-20-2005, 08:45 AM
thanks bro I am going to watch it and see how high it goes cheers :beer:

Big Dan
10-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Fixed, have you tried to ask the seller if they have the original fork?
BTW , the original fork for that bike is green or emerald like Serotta called it.
Green with yellow graphics.

Good luck... :D

Fixed
10-20-2005, 09:15 AM
Fixed, have you tried to ask the seller if they have the original fork?
BTW , the original fork for that bike is green or emerald like Serotta called it.
Green with yellow graphics.

Good luck... :D
Bro yeah I did I got no response but I ll try again thanks cheers :beer:

Fixed
10-21-2005, 08:37 AM
bro the dude doesn't have the steel fork he got it without a fork. cheers :beer:

Keith A
10-21-2005, 08:47 AM
With 2 days left, the current bid at around $900 which is approaching the Buy It Now price. I wouldn't expect this one to make it to the end of the auction given the amount of interest in the bike -- someone is going to click on that BIN button.

Fixed
10-23-2005, 06:27 PM
bro this fine bike went for $1000 to a bidder with a 0 rate'n mrs. fixed the art prof. said no but I was crying I had my finger on the key all d.s.l.ready she told me the ol there always be another one it must hard livin with a bike junky . cheers :beer: