PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me find a thread re: selle italia saddle repair

Nooch
11-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Someone had posted at some point, i want to say october, about having a selle italia saddle repaired, and someone had posted a link to what I suppose is an importer who does repairs.. trying to find that link.. I've searched, I've weeded through 30 pages of the General Discussion, to no avail..

Thanks!

AngryScientist
11-12-2012, 08:31 AM
are you talking about this guy?

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=104341

tiretrax
11-12-2012, 08:31 AM
JMoore recovers saddles, if that's what you need.

thegunner
11-12-2012, 08:32 AM
is it http://www.recoveredsaddle.com/blog/about/?

Nooch
11-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Nope, not a recovering. I think the OP i'm thinking of had an issue with a rail, someone reccomending touching base with this site who, if memory serves me, was a distributor of selle italia and as such offered repair services..

jmoore
11-12-2012, 08:51 AM
I don't know of anyone who does structural repair. I've tried it on a few testers but I'm not prepared to offer this service yet. There is too much liability for me to absorb.

If you find someone who does this, I'd love to get in touch with them. I can certainly send them some business.

AgilisMerlin
11-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Nope, not a recovering. I think the OP i'm thinking of had an issue with a rail, someone reccomending touching base with this site who, if memory serves me, was a distributor of selle italia and as such offered repair services..

how funny, just thinking of this exact question this a.m. ;)

Nooch
11-12-2012, 09:18 AM
alright, well i found the site i was looking for, though the thread still evades me.

pronetcycling.com

i'm not seeing anything about repair, per say, but I wasn't actually looking for it in the first place -- they had some awesome closeout deals on some saddles that I was looking for!

Nooch
11-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Scratch that, they do show rail replacements as a possibility. $39.50 for carbon, $24.50 for maganese, vanox, etc..