PDA

View Full Version : Ruffy Tuffys

FierteTi52
10-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Today I joined the dark side (other side) and ordered a set of Rolly Pollys. I plan to use them on my 1991 NHX which appears to have enough clearance. There is no turning back and considering I'm looking for a little variety in my fleet, a Ti 650B sounds pretty cool or maybe a Ebisu from Jitensha Studios.
Jeff

dirtdigger88
10-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Welcome- we've been waiting for you- the party favors are on the table in the back- and the girls will be here soon- make your self comfortable

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/182/1011/1024/018%20Dark%20Side%201024x768.jpg

oh- Rollys roll very nice and wear like you wont believe-

Jason

FierteTi52
10-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Hey Dirt,
If I would have known all the perks that were included in the dark side, I would have done it sooner.
Great pictures you attach as always and I'm looking forword to trying the Rolly Pollys.
Jeff

BarryG
10-18-2005, 06:52 AM
Today I joined the dark side (other side) and ordered a set of Rolly Pollys.Haven't the Rolly Polly's been out of stock forever?

FierteTi52
10-18-2005, 06:55 AM
Rivendell told me they expect them in mid November. Just in time for winter.
Jeff

dirtdigger88
10-18-2005, 07:35 AM
since I started watching the rivendell site- i think they have come in stock twice and sold out quickly each time

Jason

billrick
10-18-2005, 08:02 AM
Harris Cyclery usually has them in stock, too.

Harris Cyclery (http://harriscyclery.net/)

I love those tires.

EDIT: I swear I have bought some RP's here before, but now that I've posted this, they don't list them. :confused: But they have a good selection of Nokian Hakkapelitta and other studded tires. (Cheaper than rollers.) Oh, well.

dirtdigger88
10-18-2005, 08:38 AM
EDIT: I swear I have bought some RP's here before, but now that I've posted this, they don't list them. :confused: But they have a good selection of Nokian Hakkapelitta and other studded tires. (Cheaper than rollers.) Oh, well.

I think they used to sell them- but if you ordered from them they inturn ordered them from Rivendell- since Rivendell doesnt always have them in stock I think Harris stopped selling them

You can always get the Ruffys- they are the same tire with a slightly thicher casing- they ride and look the same

Jason

Orin
10-18-2005, 12:35 PM
I think they used to sell them- but if you ordered from them they inturn ordered them from Rivendell- since Rivendell doesnt always have them in stock I think Harris stopped selling them

You can always get the Ruffys- they are the same tire with a slightly thicher casing- they ride and look the same

Jason

Then I won't be riding Rolly Pollys either. The Ruffy Tuffys I had 'sucked the life out' of my Rambouillet.

Orin.

dirtdigger88
10-18-2005, 02:09 PM
The Ruffy Tuffys I had 'sucked the life out' of my Rambouillet.

Orin.

Interesting- I am very picky on tires- I even use good tires on my rollers cuz I hate the feel of bad tires-

I have better than 1000 miles on my Ruffys on my Lemond- I am acutally impressed with the ride-

What PSI are/were you running- I like them best at around 85-90 psi

What didnt you like about them?

Jason

Johny
10-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Hey I don't understand why we are discussing clinchers. If you want the best ride quality, get good tubulars. :D

Orin
10-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Interesting- I am very picky on tires- I even use good tires on my rollers cuz I hate the feel of bad tires-

I have better than 1000 miles on my Ruffys on my Lemond- I am acutally impressed with the ride-

What PSI are/were you running- I like them best at around 85-90 psi

What didnt you like about them?

Jason

They were either soggy or harsh with the transition being around 90 psi. I always felt like I was having a bad day on them. Some old 23mm Michelin Axial SuperComps made the bike lively in comparision and with a better ride at 100 psi.

Oh yes, California tires. They'd slide if they saw wet metal on the other side of the street... I ride through the winter in the Pacific Northwet and never had to worry so much about wet metal as with the Ruffy Tuffys.

Orin.

Johny
10-18-2005, 02:57 PM
BTW, real winter tires are here (http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/studdedtires.asp).

dirtdigger88
10-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Orin-

I guess that proves tires are as much personal preference as a saddle- I have not felt any of that with the set of Ruffys I have- I have laid them into some corners very hard at high speeds and they felt great-

Again- I consider myself quite picky on tires- go figure-

Maybe you are just more picky than me :confused: :D

Jason