PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Paceline!

cdn_bacon
11-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Just met a fellow forumite in person to sell my Gitane jersey (yes we both happened to be north of the border), who turned out to be a very great guy.

So hats off to you Paceline for providing a place to meet new friends.

I appreciate it.

:hello:

nighthawk
11-10-2012, 05:26 PM
I say this with full sincerity... That every Canadian I've met is pretty awesome, so the odds were probably good, right?

cdn_bacon
11-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Just dont get in their way when they need to be somewhere

Ive been fortunate enough on kijiji and CL as well but i've heard some horror stories.

But this forum has generated some really nice individuals.

Now if you would all pool together so i could buy his lynskey...

Thanks again paceline

dancinkozmo
11-10-2012, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=nighthawk;1239560]I say this with full sincerity... That every Canadian I've met is pretty awesome, /QUOTE]

You obviously have never crossed paths with my ex...

nighthawk
11-10-2012, 08:32 PM
You obviously have never crossed paths with my ex...

Ha. Now that you mention it, one of my ex's is Canadian (via the Czech Republic)... She's definitely not awesome.

But, God Bless North America!

oliver1850
11-10-2012, 10:04 PM
I say this with full sincerity... That every Canadian I've met is pretty awesome, so the odds were probably good, right?

Let's make generalizations about a huge diverse population.

OK, you win, Canadians are geat. Most of the ones I know were met through motorsports, and even though Jacques Villeneuve (the elder) cost us a CART championship, I still hold everyone else in Canada in great regard. :banana:

Actually still respect Jacques, he was fun to watch in everything I ever saw him drive, just happened to pull a bonehead move that was co$tly to yours truly.

Ludwig Heimrath Sr. and Jr. were great; as competitors, and Porsche factory "teammates", and Jr. was great to work with as a real teammate. Shame that he never got to the next level as a driver. Teddy Mayer told me at Caesar's Palace GP in 1982 that Ludwig was the most promising open wheel driver in North America. I see on Wikipedia that Jr. has a composites business now, hmm..... Should really check up on folks every 20 years or so.

Horst Kroll: what a character! He was great fun to be around in the CanAm series and always helpful. Never had a budget to amount to anything, but competed for the love of the sport, as it should be, and got the occasional decent result. Also the first to put Paul Tracy (at 17!!) in a professional series (I think), even though the CanAm was greatly diminished at that point. I never met Paul, but he was fun to watch.

I was going to say something about Eppie Wietzes, but Wiki says he was born in Holland. I'll leave him for the "Dutch are Great" thread.

As for this place: Corey, Philippe (you're Canadian now right?), and Jay: couldn't ask for nicer folks to trade and converse with.

Brian Cdn
11-12-2012, 09:34 AM
I 2nd the motion that Cdn Bacon refers to ... our forum is a good place with good folks from everywhere (some of us Canadian). To me the forum has been very helpful and to date I have been more than impressed by all that participate.

By the way.. that Gitane jersey rocks and it was a pleasure to meet Cdn Bacon.. a great guy too. PS: Thanks for the plug on my Lynskey that's across the hall in classified waiting for a new home.

Cheers to all, everywhere.

Just met a fellow forumite in person to sell my Gitane jersey (yes we both happened to be north of the border), who turned out to be a very great guy.

So hats off to you Paceline for providing a place to meet new friends.

I appreciate it.

:hello:

Black Dog
11-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I say this with full sincerity... That every Canadian I've met is pretty awesome, so the odds were probably good, eh?

Fixed it for you.

nighthawk
11-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Speaking of Canada.. I'll be up in Montreal in a few weeks... Any good bike shops I should check out? I'll definitely be visiting the velodrome (aka.. now the biodome).. since I'm a sucker for wildlife living in a former race track.

cdn_bacon
11-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Speaking of Canada.. I'll be up in Montreal in a few weeks... Any good bike shops I should check out? I'll definitely be visiting the velodrome (aka.. now the biodome).. since I'm a sucker for wildlife living in a former race track.

http://petite-riviere.com/blog/?p=504

Start here :)

788 Atwater Avenue
Montreal
(514) 937-3626

CycleTechnique

www.cycletechnique.com/

313 Victoria
Westmount
(514) 481-3369
Martin's Swiss Cycle & Ski
www.martinswiss.com/

173 Rue Jean Talon Est
Montreal
(514) 272-5834
Dumoulin Bicyclettes
www.dumoulinbicyclettes.com

5805 Avenue de Monkland
Montreal
(514) 482-9962
Monkland Cycle

1175 Rue Torrance #021
Montreal
(514) 937-6489
Mécanocycle
www.mecanocycle.ca/

5365 Saint Laurent Boulevard
Montreal
(514) 278-1818
Cycles Gervais Rioux
www.cyclesgervaisrioux.com

Please please please do yourself a favour and eat at my favorite restaurant.

http://lacademie.ca/V3/st-denis/index.php

it's where apprentice chefs learn the become execs

Price is great, food is fantastic and they have an SAQ (liquor store) next door with no corking fees (you can purchase downstairs and bring into the restaurant with no charge.(wines only, but purchase Chimay Premiere which is a strong 7% beer in a wine type bottle)

Brian Cdn
11-12-2012, 02:09 PM
And visit my friend Andy Mamone @ VB cycles. 6344 Victoria Ave. Near Van Horne Ave.

Great little shop an old world feel. Andy is a great guy, and will serve you a Espresso and lots of conversation.

Salut !

nighthawk
11-12-2012, 02:50 PM
And visit my friend Andy Mamone @ VB cycles. 6344 Victoria Ave. Near Van Horne Ave.

Great little shop an old world feel. Andy is a great guy, and will serve you a Espresso and lots of conversation.

Salut !

Sounds right up my alley! Thanks for the advice.

nighthawk
11-12-2012, 02:51 PM
I wonder how many of these I can talk my gf into letting me visit? I'll definitely keep that restaurant in mind. I appreciate the advice.

Cheers!

http://petite-riviere.com/blog/?p=504

Start here :)

788 Atwater Avenue
Montreal
(514) 937-3626

CycleTechnique

www.cycletechnique.com/

313 Victoria
Westmount
(514) 481-3369
Martin's Swiss Cycle & Ski
www.martinswiss.com/

173 Rue Jean Talon Est
Montreal
(514) 272-5834
Dumoulin Bicyclettes
www.dumoulinbicyclettes.com

5805 Avenue de Monkland
Montreal
(514) 482-9962
Monkland Cycle

1175 Rue Torrance #021
Montreal
(514) 937-6489
Mécanocycle
www.mecanocycle.ca/

5365 Saint Laurent Boulevard
Montreal
(514) 278-1818
Cycles Gervais Rioux
www.cyclesgervaisrioux.com

Please please please do yourself a favour and eat at my favorite restaurant.

http://lacademie.ca/V3/st-denis/index.php

it's where apprentice chefs learn the become execs

Price is great, food is fantastic and they have an SAQ (liquor store) next door with no corking fees (you can purchase downstairs and bring into the restaurant with no charge.(wines only, but purchase Chimay Premiere which is a strong 7% beer in a wine type bottle)

dancinkozmo
11-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Montreal has the hottest strippers......

So i hear .