PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question: BB30 Bearing Size?

FastforaSlowGuy
11-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I neglected my SRAM BB30 bearings, and now they are crunchy. I'm thinking of ordering from one of the many online bearing shops to score some ceramics, but I want to make sure I'm right about the size I should buy. Here's what I think are the dimensions (Inner/Outer/Width): 30/42/7.

Am I wrong?

Will my LBS install bearings that I bring in? I know some items (e.g., rims for a new build) they want to be certain are new before working on. I don't see why bearings should fall into that category, but thought I'd ask the collective.

rice rocket
11-07-2012, 06:49 AM
They're like 25 online or 30 retail, just get em retail, especially if you don't know how to press them in.

oldpotatoe
11-07-2012, 07:53 AM
I neglected my SRAM BB30 bearings, and now they are crunchy. I'm thinking of ordering from one of the many online bearing shops to score some ceramics, but I want to make sure I'm right about the size I should buy. Here's what I think are the dimensions (Inner/Outer/Width): 30/42/7.

Am I wrong?

Will my LBS install bearings that I bring in? I know some items (e.g., rims for a new build) they want to be certain are new before working on. I don't see why bearings should fall into that category, but thought I'd ask the collective.

I would, they need to be put in right, with the clip, with grease(even inside the bearing).

I think those dimensions are correct.

FastforaSlowGuy
11-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks folks. Based on the responses I'm hopeful my LBS is equally gracious about using my parts and their labor. I haven't used a bearing press in years, I don't want to test my skills on this job, and I'm not about to spring for a tool I'll rarely use.