PDA

View Full Version : 1" Fork With A 1 1/8" Head Tube?

inGobwetrust
10-16-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm hoping you guys can help me with this. I just purchased a new cyclocross frame and am hoping to use a fork that I already have rather than purchase a new one. The problem is that the frame has a 1 1/8" head tube and the fork has a 1" steerer tube. Both the frame and fork are brand new and the frame has Chris King headset cups already pressed in. I have the rest of the headset, including the fork race, as well.

Is there a shim or other product available that will allow me to use this fork?

David Kirk
10-16-2005, 10:57 PM
I think the best way to do it is to get the Chris King devolution headset.....at least I think that's what they call it. It's a headset and adapter in one. Check there site.

Dave

inGobwetrust
10-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Thanks, David! That sounds like a good, albeit expensive, solution. Anybody want to buy a silver 1 1/8" Chris King Headset cheap? Any alternative solutions?

TimB
10-17-2005, 06:41 AM
I have one of these on my Concours, and it works great. For me, it's an expensive solution only in that it's an expensive headset, since I'm not really planning on getting rid of my F1 fork any time soon.

Too Tall
10-17-2005, 06:54 AM
"Problem Solvers" brand does make a HT reducer. In my opinion a low brow solution but it's "out there" and will prolly work fine. Mind you, once the Headset is pressed there is no going back other than to replace everything.

DfCas
10-17-2005, 07:48 AM
I sent you an email-I have an unused reducer.

dan