PDA

View Full Version : Time Cyclo (atac) pedal - any good?

Dekonick
10-16-2005, 09:53 PM
anyone ever use these?

Supposed to be touring version of ATAC's -

Smiley
10-17-2005, 07:23 AM
use them on the tandem and mtb serotta , I am looking for a pair for my fixee. They are the standard in my book.

DfCas
10-17-2005, 07:31 AM
They are nice and work fine,but are waaaay heavy,if that matters.>500 grams,I think.

dan

Dekonick
10-17-2005, 09:45 AM
400 grams - they weighmore than standard atac's -

I am thinking of ditching all my looks for these...I find I am in love with Time ATAC's - I am also looking at the new Time road pedals... large platform!

slowgoing
10-17-2005, 11:35 AM
anyone ever use these?

Supposed to be touring version of ATAC's -

ATACs were always very highly rated by mtn bikers, in large part because they don't clog up with mud.

Ray
10-17-2005, 12:20 PM
ATACs were the gold standard among off-roaders because of their mud-shedding ability. Once the eggbeaters came around, the ATAC had to share the top spot, but there's still nothing better in mud. I don't personally like the feel of the spring loaded / return to center float on these, but no complaints about their functionality.

-Ray

SManning
10-17-2005, 01:58 PM
I used the Time Cyclo's on my road bikes for years; I really wasn't interested in buying another pair of SIDI shoes; they're just so expensive. I used the same shoe and pedals for the past 4 years and was very happy with them. The only thing I didn't like was that they were one-sided, they didn't always seem to be on the right side to clip in, so I'd have to flip them around. Otherwise, they were great.

I recently upgraded to Cat 3, so I decided I better start looking like a roadie and bought some road shoes. I used the old Time Impacts and hated them; getting in them was a major pain in the neck. I've heard the new ones have mproved but I wasn't willing to take the chance. There were just too many things that had to be lined up to get into them. I got a good deal on some Speedplay X2's and love them. Easy in, Easy out, they're great. The ice feeling was odd at first, but I love it now.