PDA

View Full Version : Good Velonews issue

Alan
11-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Just got the Dec issue and it is focused on - Danger. Some good articles especially about Saul Raisin and others who have had serious injuries and problems. A sobering but interesting issue. Worth reading.

I was skeptical when they fired all of the VN originals but I like where they are headed.

Alan

joev
11-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Agree that it is worth reading and it is not for the squimish. Talk about scars with a story, especially Johnny Hoogerland. I can still vividly recall watching the video...seeing that car...that fence...oooooooo.

I also couldn't believe the purge of the staff and try to accept that since I've recently have been seeing that done in a couple of professions. Out with the old. There have been some interviews, though, where some pretty lame questions have been asked by reporters lacking a little of the rich collective knowledge that I believe has slipped away. Cycling News seems stronger.

BumbleBeeDave
11-06-2012, 08:28 PM
. . . and have only had time to flip through quickly so far. But I'm totally mystified at their total lack of addressing the Armstrong story. Seems like it would have been in time enough to make their deadline for this issue.

Maybe the next one will be dedicated to the story? Their last issue was on who to believe, etc., but you'd think if they consider themselves any kind of official chronicle of US road racing they would have to address that news item.

BBD

carpediemracing
11-07-2012, 06:27 AM
My understanding was that the deadline was Oct 8th so the LA story was breaking as they went to press.

oldpotatoe
11-07-2012, 08:17 AM
My understanding was that the deadline was Oct 8th so the LA story was breaking as they went to press.

Neal Rogers comes in all the time. I asked him if having the keys to the front door at VeloNews was a good thing or bad thing, these days..he said yes.

He also said it's just getting started...