PDA

View Full Version : Fall ride in paradise.

pale scotsman
10-16-2005, 01:39 PM
It's great this time of year down South. Thought I'd share a few sunny photos taken today for the water logged brethren up in the North East.

http://thevickerys.net/v-web/gallery/album16

rePhil
10-16-2005, 01:46 PM
And it's about time. "Summer" will soon be here in SW Fla too. I would post pics but all we have is tourists and clogged roads.

malcolm
10-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Where in Alabama?

pale scotsman
10-16-2005, 02:22 PM
The ride was in NW Florida north of Pensacola, in and around the Blackwater State Park area. We live right over the state line in Escambia County, AL.

Cadence230
10-16-2005, 07:08 PM
cool. it's cool to see other areas and the places we ride. :) :) :)

Skrawny
10-16-2005, 08:41 PM
You should have your bike take a picture of YOU sometime. Geeze!
-s

TimD
10-16-2005, 09:11 PM
After eight days of monsoon, the sun came out last night about 6 PM, turning the western sky a mix of pink and purple. A bright, waning moon followed, dusted by clouds blown fast across the sky by the cool and steady wind. It promised a dry, if debris-laden, course for Sunday. We were not disappointed.

The wind was just short of insane, this being relative to those living along the Gulf coast of course, steady 20 MPH gusting to 40. Thirty-one miles (@ 19.3, solo) fit into my time window.

It was glorious. :banana:

TimD

Needs Help
10-17-2005, 12:51 AM
Nice pictures. Beautiful roads and setting.

malcolm
10-17-2005, 02:07 AM
Just wondered where in Alabama. I'm in birmingham and not so many low traffic backroads around here. That looked really nice.

Climb01742
10-17-2005, 03:32 AM
After eight days of monsoon, the sun came out last night about 6 PM, turning the western sky a mix of pink and purple. A bright, waning moon followed, dusted by clouds blown fast across the sky by the cool and steady wind. It promised a dry, if debris-laden, course for Sunday. We were not disappointed.

The wind was just short of insane, this being relative to those living along the Gulf coast of course, steady 20 MPH gusting to 40. Thirty-one miles (@ 19.3, solo) fit into my time window.

It was glorious. :banana:

TimD

you captured saturday at dusk well. sky colors were amazing. as was wind on sunday. a day for riding on roads protected by trees. any time you hit a stretch that was exposed, whoa. but man, i'll take it over the rain. all day yesterday my windows were rattling.

William
10-17-2005, 04:29 AM
After eight days of monsoon, the sun came out last night about 6 PM, turning the western sky a mix of pink and purple. A bright, waning moon followed, dusted by clouds blown fast across the sky by the cool and steady wind.

TimD

I stopped to admire the warm palette of colors streaking across the evening sky as I came up out of my wet, dank, water logged basement. I pictured a sunny but cool and windy ride across the Fall New England countryside on Sunday. Unfortunately I spent a large portion of my day sorting through our belongings trying to figure out what could be saved and what had to be tossed. I had a standing appointment to train some of my students. Then the cycling related portion of my day was showing Beungood how to ride rollers.....and then watching him try them for the first time..... :D Don't worry Bro, you'll get the hang of it. :D

William

davep
10-17-2005, 10:39 AM
We had the first hint of coolness this weekend. I went out for a ride Sunday morning and didn't start sweating until I actually started riding. The humidity was noticably less and this morning the thermometer on my deck read in the low 70s at 6am. That almost qualifies as fall. Of course, Tropical Storm (soon to be Hurricane) Wilma is wandering about the Caribbean and may head this way, or somewhere on the Gulf Coast. :crap: