PDA

View Full Version : Fascinating interview with Graham Obree

BumbleBeeDave
11-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Absolutely engrossing reading HERE (http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport/other-sports/interview-frozen-out-of-road-cycling-for-not-doping-graeme-obree-is-vindicated-and-ready-for-a-new-challenge-1-2613675).

BBD

terry
11-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Dave, I've always had a lot of respect & admiration for that man.

FlashUNC
11-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Rouleur had a great interview with him a couple issues back as well.

Hawker
11-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Great article...let's hope the change that's necessary happens.

Go for it Graham!

SolidSnake03
11-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Nice article, this one is a great reminder, like some of those about him prior to his attempt at the human powered speed record, of just how interesting the man is.

He is an inspiration to all the thinkers/tinkers and just generally odd-balls out there :)

David Kirk
11-04-2012, 06:10 PM
That was a fun read. He's always been a hero to me.

dave

dancinkozmo
11-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the linkage bbd

Elefantino
11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Wonder if Verbruggen will call him a coward now.

Hey, Hein. You're the scumbag. You must go now. Of course, you won't, because your whole being is wrapped up in the incestuous world of professional cycling that you helped create. You can justify a payoff from a world-class doper with a dismissive wave of your hand. You can broker back-room deals through Swiss and other underground banks and think nothing of it because you're Hein Effing Verbruggen and the rest of the world can kiss your quasi-royal arse.

Here's hoping you go down in flames and are banned from the sport like forever, just like your sugar daddy and like the bitch boy you are.

And when you open the door to your prison cell, here's hoping Grossberger is there, waiting for you.

bironi
11-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks Dave. I liked his book. I was fascinated by his non-scientific approach to training. He did it alone based on his own experiences. So much for Carmichael's bs. There is a a-hole that should be under the lights as much as LA.
Here is another interesting read.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/112091831/Lance-The-Lies-and-Me

ultraman6970
11-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Hope obree gets some money from some of the sues moving around because looks like they killed his carreer before even starting, interesting reading, this explains a lot why he had so much problems with his bikes and stuff...

GuyGadois
11-05-2012, 12:00 AM
this explains a lot why he had so much problems with his bikes and stuff...

And why the UCI had it out for him a number of time??