PDA

View Full Version : I love my serotta

Scrafford
10-16-2005, 11:15 AM
My wife and I just returned from a week long bike tour trip in the wine country of California. The biking there was incredible. The riding including several long climbs that were steep and challenging. I did not take my serotta but used the tour company's all carbon bike. It was a responsive and smooth bike (5200 Trek Madone) but paled in comparison to the Ottrott. It is funny that throughout this year of riding, I wondered if it was worth the money that I spent on this Serotta. I know now that buying the Ottrott was the best investment I have made. This trip of riding another bike for 300 miles made me appreciate the craftmanship and the excellence of my Serotta. If anyone is on the fence regarding spending $8,000 on a bike, I would encourage you to do it in a heartbeat. :beer:

Bill Bove
10-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Trek Travel? How were the accomadations, etc? I hear that they do a fantastic job with their tours, first class all the way.

rnhood
10-16-2005, 12:57 PM
$8000 for a bike? That's not a fence I plan to ever be on. Not in the near future anyway.

That trip, it sounds wonderful. I would be interested in hearing more details about it.

Skrawny
10-16-2005, 08:48 PM
Next time you're in the area let me know, I'll show you some rides that will REAALLLY make you miss your Ottrot ;)
I'm glad you liked your trip.

I, too, am interested in a "ride report" of trek bike tours, have you done tours with other companies?

When do we get to see pictures?
-s

Kevin
10-17-2005, 06:15 AM
I would like a review of the Trek tours as well.

Kevin