PDA

View Full Version : show me your soul run

vqdriver
11-02-2012, 04:42 PM
let's see some shots of your mounted soul run saddle bags.
mine keeps squirting out of the straps and i figure i must be missing something with the way i'm securing it.

jr59
11-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Mine too!

I have sort of put mine on the shelf because of this. It's a very well made piece but I can't seem to get it to work correctly!

Uncle Jam's Army
11-02-2012, 04:53 PM
I think they now recommend not running them as saddle bags, but rather sticking them in your jersey pocket, no?

xjoex
11-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Hey guys - About a year ago we stopped recommending using them as saddle bags, the same time we stopped selling our two strap versions.

The problem we had is that everyone has a different seat post and seat combo, and we just can't guarantee a perfect fit for everyone.

However many people still use them on their seats by using toe straps or similar.

I am really sorry for any problems you are having with your two strap tool rolls, feel free to email me: joe at soulrun d0t c0m and I'll make sure we make you a happy camper.

cheers,
-Joe

jr59
11-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Hey guys - About a year ago we stopped recommending using them as saddle bags, the same time we stopped selling our two strap versions.

The problem we had is that everyone has a different seat post and seat combo, and we just can't guarantee a perfect fit for everyone.

However many people still use them on their seats by using toe straps or similar.

Sorry for any problems you are having, feel free to email me: joe at soulrun d0t c0m and I'll make sure we make you a happy camper.

cheers,
-Joe

I'm not complaining. I do that quite well, but not in this case. I just thought I might be doing something wrong, or somebody else had a better idea.

I sort of like the tool roll!

vqdriver
11-02-2012, 05:31 PM
no probs joe. i've been using it as a tool roll in my mtb pack so it's getting use.

thanks for the response. at least i'm not crazy

xjoex
11-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Cool guys, anything I can help out with just let me know.

But as long as we are sharing, check out VeloNews today, our Pro Tool Roll is being used by the wrenches for Rapha and a pic made it on to the page.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-HCHZ7ZpUQiw/UJRZ9GwgZ4I/AAAAAAAAH0A/i73pCRAbdl4/s512/pro%2520tool%2520roll%25202.jpg

Cheers,
-Joe

roguedog
11-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Oh cool. Thought it was me being a doofus.

Have a hole in mine since I didn't notice that straps had slipped and it'd been rubbing on wheels for a couple miles. After a couple of times of this it went into pocket and is now used as my travel cord organizer for my toys :p

giverdada
11-03-2012, 03:10 PM
heading out of the transition area after smoking the eventual leader in a local duathlon. i had my shoes on and my helmet and glasses on, and i was in flight to do my cyclocross mount and get that ti serotta rolling. lo and behold: i was a little excited and landed really hard, REALLY hard, on my saddle, stomped on the pedal, and tried to roll away. unfortunately, my tool roll had already rolled away, and was stuck between my rear tire, the brake caliper, and the seat stays. i skidded to a halt, racked myself on the top tube, rolled the bike backwards, and ripped the tool roll out, tossing it into the ditch. the leader's wife and toddler were standing right there, and kindly picked up everything and gave it to me at the end of the race, when i came in about 10 minutes adrift. awesome. the tool roll, though one of my mainstays for keeping my stuff organized and secure, is now a jersey-pocket-only implement. i never did figure out that under the seat business... have a tool roll and a wallet roll for my lady and dealing with joe and his lady is awesome. give'r.

n.

fourflys
11-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Joe will make things right... Joe and Laura are awesome! SoulRun products are awesome!

jmoore
11-05-2012, 09:13 AM
My soulrun jersey pocket wallet is mandatory kit on every ride.

I've got an awesome tool roll as well. I thought I'd use it as a saddle bag, but, like others, I couldn't figure it out. It's perfectly happy riding in my cycling bag carrying a bunch of other schwag.

+1 on Joe and Laura being awesome-town!