PDA

View Full Version : Not so OT tonight - What's your favorite Halloween candy?

Bruce K
10-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Tootsie Rolls for me. Hands down.

BK

Fishbike
10-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Mounds!

beercan
10-31-2012, 06:30 PM
twix, snickers, reese's peanut butter crunch,

Steve in SLO
10-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Sadly, anything.

esldude
10-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Oh, just too many sickly sweet treats. Almond joy maybe.

Way back when a wee lad though, I had some kind of candy I had never had before or since. Was incredibly good. Baked in someone's home, and wrapped in cellophane with a twist tie over each one. Had cinnamon, and some other stuff I couldn't identify. Best candy I have ever tasted. Just sweet enough without being sickly, just a little crunchy, but pretty soft, just simply the best. And I now some 40+ years later still have no idea what it was. A searing memory of how delicious it was. My younger sister would not eat hers, didn't like the homemade wrapping. So I got it both that night and a day later. Wish I knew what it was. Someone put some of themselves and likely their cultural heritage in it, and I couldn't fully appreciate all that. But I still remember it as the best candy ever.

Were I to have it again I would know it. But chances are it is lost for all time to me. You never know what singular experience you will have until years later. When of course you know it hasn't happened again.

rbtmcardle
10-31-2012, 06:46 PM
1st. Reese's PB cups.. The best candy ever made..
2nd. York peppermint patty
3rd. Plain Hershey's milk chocolate... I don't care what anyone says.. Hershey's is better than any of those "fancy" brands

Sadly, I gave up candy more than a year ago and only have only had a mini York once in awhile.. Anything else will lead to a complete slip down the junk food slope.

Bradford
10-31-2012, 07:55 PM
Red and green tootsie rolls! This is the only time of year I get them.:banana:

SolidSnake03
10-31-2012, 08:05 PM
M&M's without a doubt! Childhood staple right there that really can do no wrong :)

thegunner
10-31-2012, 08:08 PM
used to be chunky bars -- slowly turning into a british kit kat kinda guy (they're better)

Hank Scorpio
10-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Junior mints!!!!!

cat6
10-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Middle-aged and middle-class Timothy Love (played by Eddington) is a confirmed bachelor who is nonetheless happy with his marital status and his life; since he has a good job, plenty of money, the availability of girlfriends whenever he wants them, and cherished freedom. Until a mother-of-three, Judy (played by Newman) enters his life. Timothy will find Judy different to all the other women he has courted in the past; in contrast with all the others, Judy is the type of woman with which he feels he can 'settle down'. They become engaged, and Timothy's realising of the effort he has to do to change his life and do away with his old individualism will prove the main theme of the show.

Aaron O
10-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Snickers satisfies.

BumbleBeeDave
10-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Hershey Krackel or Nestle's Crunch. I could eat those suckers all night--and regret it the next day!

BBD

parris
10-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Reese's Peanut Butter cup, Hershey bar plain and almond, Snickers. But when it comes right down to it I'm not real picky as long as it's chocolate;)

chuckroast
10-31-2012, 08:15 PM
I can neither confirm nor deny the accusation that we deliberately purchased more PB Cups than we could reasonably expect to give out.

thwart
10-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Halloween is the only time of the year I sample some of the tart, sugary 'kid stuff' candy I loved back when I was a youngster (think Sweet Tarts).

So...

Nerds.

Louis
10-31-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure what my favorite is, but don't understand why folks bother to eat that Candy Corn stuff.

I hate it. :mad:

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/candy-corn-1.jpg

Polyglot
10-31-2012, 09:25 PM
Because of Sandy and the corresponding power outages, our town has officially postponed treak or treating until Monday. I expected to still get at least one trick or treater today, but none came... Amazing how well communication works today.

AgilisMerlin
10-31-2012, 09:38 PM
What's your favorite Halloween candy?

"yours"