PDA

View Full Version : Reach-arounds

bcm119
10-14-2005, 06:27 PM
No, this isn't a dirty thread...the rain is arriving soon and I'm wondering if "reacharounds" can be mail-ordered from anywhere. Wow, this is getting ugly. The River City website says they are only available for in-store purchases. I would rather not have to drive to Portland to buy a few strips of sheet metal. Any ideas?

ti_boi
10-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Reach-a-what?! :confused:

bcm119
10-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Reach-arounds, Mr. Dynamite. They are fender brackets for mounting fenders on road bikes with short reach brakes. Everyone in the NW uses them. You probably could use some yourself with that monsoon you've been getting back east...

fender brackets (http://www.rivercitybicycles.com/images/split3_lg.jpg)

vaxn8r
10-14-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't know where to get them but where'd you get that photo. Pretty cool.

You might at least try Hutch's in Eugene. They'd probably send them to you. If not I could.

Here' comes the rain...

jbay
10-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Reach-arounds, Mr. Dynamite. They are fender brackets for mounting fenders on road bikes with short reach brakes. [...]

You could make them yourself using rack stays for something like a Blackburn rack. These should be easy to get at a half-decent bike shop and, indeed, would appear to be exactly what are used on the bike in the link that you posted.

-- John (who was very appreciative of his full coverage mudguards and mudflap while riding home this evening to, err, Watertown)

dirtdigger88
10-14-2005, 09:55 PM
call river city- they will sell the reach arounds to you over the phone- I got my fenders from them- via ma bell

Jason

ti_boi
10-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Neato item. Right you are about the wetness here. I wanna ride to tomorrow, but am afraid of the standing water and debri on the roads. With the deluge here I am feelin' kinda Seattle (minus the cool music and monorail) bout' now

Andreu
10-15-2005, 03:34 AM
weather shiite here....any more places that stock them?
A