PDA

View Full Version : No more CIII?

PanTerra
10-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Just noticed on the website that this is no longer available. If I wanted a custom-fitted steel frame, I would have to get the CS stay? Say it ain't so... :confused: No more CSI, no more CIII, hello Kirk.

JohnS
10-14-2005, 11:54 AM
I thought so too, at first. It's listed under the CDA as a non CS version.

PanTerra
10-14-2005, 11:59 AM
I thought so too, at first. It's listed under the CDA as a non CS version.

Oh, that's good. I suppose Serotta is trying to save the added expense of another decal. :rolleyes: I wonder if the non-CS is an upcharge, or the same price. It certainly doesn't say there is a deduct fo the non-CS version.

deechee
10-14-2005, 11:59 AM
I thought I saw the CIII under the CDA before too, but now I don't see it anymore. And there's no pdf sheet for the TiMax still...

I guess you can always get the CXII in road geometry...

JohnS
10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah, it's gone. It was there 3 days ago. I guess steel is (almost) dead. At least in Saratoga. :D

Argos
10-14-2005, 12:11 PM
The CDA will come with or W/O carbon Stays for '06

gary135r
10-14-2005, 01:14 PM
My CIII is being built as we speak, looks like I might be getting a collectors item. I wonder why nobody official has come out and said yes or no to it being discontinued. :confused:

Tailwinds
10-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Just noticed on the website that this is no longer available. If I wanted a custom-fitted steel frame, I would have to get the CS stay? Say it ain't so... :confused: No more CSI, no more CIII, hello Kirk.

Yes, hello, Kirk. Maybe this explains the recent (rather large) increase in his wait time.

What a bummer.

FlaRider
10-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Tailwinds, what's Dave current wait time? A few weeks back, he quoted me 5 to 6 months. Has it gone up since then? Thanks.

bcm119
10-14-2005, 01:39 PM
The website says the CDA is available with or w/o a carbon stay, but either version will be the same price. Interesting. It seems most customers will be talked into the carbon stay, since it is the same price...and Serotta probably has a higher margin on the carbon stayed model. I also noticed the carbon stay is made by columbus, whereas last year it was reynolds. It certainly smells like a transition year... it wouldn't surprise me if an all steel model isn't available for '07.

FlaRider
10-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Double post

PanTerra
10-14-2005, 02:28 PM
I also noticed the carbon stay is made by columbus, whereas last year it was reynolds.

That maybe explains the lack of a curve in the stay.

deechee
10-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Double post

not when the cda page content changes every hour. (That asterisk on the price wasn't there this morning)

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=11779&highlight=ciii

Smiley
10-14-2005, 03:35 PM
they switched the rear stay in CS model's to a Columbus Crave stay versus the Reynolds stay . It probably does not make a difference since its bolted anyway. Columbus does make all of serotta's Nobium tubing and they are not a slouch company. To my eye the straight stays look nicer then the curved ones made by Reynolds. I think the CDA is being offered at a lower price point then last years CDA , the 05 , C-III MSRP for what $ 1495 or something like that so the 06 looks good to my eye.

FierteTi52
10-14-2005, 05:12 PM
To my eye the straight stays look nicer then the curved ones made by Reynolds.

I like the curved stays. Much nicer in my opinion.
Jeff

Sandy
10-14-2005, 05:15 PM
I like the curved ones also.

Straight Sandy

Sandy
10-14-2005, 05:17 PM
I am actually thinking about purchasing a CDA (or whatever it is now called), but in all steel. I still think that it is the best "deal" in Serotta's line that is custom.

Steel Serotta Sandy

Smiley
10-15-2005, 08:27 AM
I am actually thinking about purchasing a CDA (or whatever it is now called), but in all steel. I still think that it is the best "deal" in Serotta's line that is custom.

Steel Serotta Sandy
to do what with it make it a fixee with track drop outs :banana:

93legendti
10-15-2005, 08:31 AM
to do what with it make it a fixee with track drop outs :banana:

Great idea. I'm toying with the idea of having my beloved '93 Legend's dropouts changed to track with a derailleur hanger. Sandy should do the same to his CDA, if Serotta will build it that way!

jpw
10-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Oh, that's good. I suppose Serotta is trying to save the added expense of another decal. :rolleyes: I wonder if the non-CS is an upcharge, or the same price. It certainly doesn't say there is a deduct fo the non-CS version.

Does the concept of a 'down charge' exist in the cycling industry?

EnduroFit
10-26-2005, 07:22 AM
The reason it's going back to Coeur d'Acier is all in the carbon seat stay-that's what I was told.

Built with Reynolds-CDA
Built with Columbus-Coeur d'Acier, hence the reason they went back to the name. I'm sure the public outcry didn't hurt either. I'm hopefully getting my new CDA by the end of this week-I guess I will have a collector's item now that they are switching back! :p
Full DA and Ksy SL wheels. I can't wait...

Brent